plastics questions?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mifo

Reaction score
hey fellas! after my mate seen my expert i just sold he wants to get a set of crf plastics for his old pro which is klx or somthing!

just wondering if any one has bothered to do this?

and has any one got a old cracked crf style tank and some old crappy guards we could borry or buy cheap just so we can mock it up and see if its worth the effort

i can see y he wants too but i think the guards will look way to small on the bigger bike! i think they were only just big enogih to look good on the smaller expert

any usefull opinions, comments, ideas would be great!

crf70 plastics would be better sized but more expensive, and yea it can be done if you have the right tools to fabricate mounts in the right places

i dont like his klx ones as much as my crf ones either, ill have a look on egay for some crf 70's or does anyone know where i can find some cheap ones?

sorry to butt in..
but i have been thinkin of tryin a set of crf70 plastics but all the picture i find of them seem to show the side plastics and rear guard with a different style of mounting as to the crf50....

let us know if they screw up the same..

cheers

yeah thought so....do they mount under the seat at all?

fab'n a few brackets isnt hard but only if its worth it

the other plastic kits i like is the xr50 kits

yeah they do mount under the seat just like a crf50 does. and xr50 plastics have the same mounts as a crf50

why would you even wanna think about putting crf70 plastic on a crf50 there clearly WAY to big and would be soo ugly. just for abit more protection from mud haha

why would you even wanna think about putting crf70 plastic on a crf50 there clearly WAY to big and would be soo ugly. just for abit more protection from mud haha

not on a crf 50, on a pitbike with crf50 style plastics. pitbikes outgrew crf50 plastics a long time ago, then they started putting klx style on them which is just pure fail, the only logical thing to do is make crf70 style the standard for midsize pitties

not on a crf 50, on a pitbike with crf50 style plastics. pitbikes outgrew crf50 plastics a long time ago, then they started putting klx style on them which is just pure fail, the only logical thing to do is make crf70 style the standard for midsize pitties

got to agree with you on that one.. crf70 ftw.

well crf70 its is then! decided id make him a custom sub frame with built in 12bar and to suit crf70 seat, and 3 rear guards. make one for my self as i plan on getting another pitty asap!

show us a look during or when its done.. i for one would be interested in seeing it...

plenty of china bikes being made now with crf70 kits on them, ya just never see how there mounted..

yer this is a 07 motovert pro and klx plastics suck, was around his place b4 and his thinking about getting they new pro with the real daytona 150, and other good stuff! i told him to sell me his 07 built, but bought new 6months ago and has 7 hours on the hour meter nice and cheap! and to let me pay him in a few months! his a very good mate! he said yes! im wrapped, was so upset about having to sell my expert last weekend and now i gget this :D its like new, hasnt even been dropped, just cracked rear guard n u cant see or tell,

found a shop on ebay with full plastic set, seat, tank and a hydrolic clutch set up for au$245 and emailed him b4 for a postage price, carbon fiber guards might look good with a heap of stickers, i havent looked at bikes on the site really and havent noticed any, anyone got pics of carbonfiber guards on a bike?

righto im getting you now mate, yeh spose if you had the time and patients

im a fitter and turner with a advanced welding ticket, do it at work n it should only take a few hours to tack up a subframe and mount the seat, tank and rear guard, doesnt have to be 100% as long as it works, its only to practice on!

Latest posts

Back