Plastics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
just got the $15 plastics i baught 2 weeks ago... will take me a while to fit (feel off the roof, trying to clean the gutters out b4 some decent rain) but will have pics up later

im gathering these were an ebay purchase. reason i say this is i am also interested in finding some cheap plastics, purchasing a few sets.

hook me up if ya can.

Cheers, Tony.

before
DSC00007-1.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

after
DSC00001.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

looks crap!!!

bones, try number1 imports

Last edited:
lolz, there is two there

bones, if you would like these plastics $30 and u can have them ($30 for plastics and it will cover postage<----- i paid $15 for em and postage $15) i want white i think

i wont be buying for a while (about 3 weeks or so) so if you still have them then i might consider it. another thing i have been looking into was painting the plastics (which is why i am after 2 - 4 sets) as i have found some chrome paint with 98% reflectivness. looks the goods and i will have a full chrome setup for under $50.

my old man is a painter of 30 years now so he knows his gear and the paint were getting is some good gear, its automative paint and it can be pretty expensive (1 gallon is $1,200 american) but im getting it alot cheaper than that (1 gallon i could get for about $150) so when i have got the stuff organised i might give ya a PM bro. see what happens.

maybe if you get some graphix on there she will come on a million bucks, who knows.

Cheers, Tony.

updates...

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003-1.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

notice front guard is bent :(

also, my handle bars are bent, looks like im getting some protapers

Last edited:
the plastics look a bit washed out -colours and all ,dosent look to bad though needs a graphics kit to lift it i reckon

your bars dont look bent maybe its the cross brace that has come loose and slouched down might be the photos though?

seems like this one needs to be moved to the general chat section to me...
PS we've got good prices on Plastics check out the website...

if your still around how are teh plastics fairing.

anyone have any experiences with ebay plastics??

Fillers - Generally an inert substance added to the plastic to make it cheaper. The addition of filler generally reduces the properties of the final article.The amount is dependant on the properties on the end product and cost required.

Binders - Generally a resin to hold a substance together, ie the plastic in paint (the resin) is added to the other ingredients to hold them together (ie pigments colouring etc) (this is amongst other reasons.

Plasticisers - Added to either help in forming a continuous film, such as in paint (normally called a coalescent) or to help the plastic become more flexible.

There are many measurements required. It will largely depend on the application. Some are flexibility, hardness, colour, impact resistance, UV resistance, abrasive resistance, clarity, strength, elasticity, strength, etc

Another area were measurements are required are in the manufacturing area. Some of these are viscosity, temperature, gloss, dry time, water content etc.
Other additives briefly
Pigment for colour
Solvent for application purposes
Waxes to allow processing
Etc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back