PLEASE some help with my bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z50kid

Reaction score
ok so the other week i desided i would try put a new carb on my 1997 z50 it took some time because i have no idea what so ever. any way after i installed it i kicked it over and to my suprise it starts. i ride it feels ok then randomly the engine starts bogging out as if i was cutting it and waiting some seconds before switching it back to run so it would slow down have no power and just when it was about to cut it would start again so often to. then i put the stock carb back on same deal. i figured the best way to show you would be to put a movie on youtube so i did that sorry about the filmimg but if you just listen you will understand what i mean. and just before you acctually watch it i want to say the whole time it was almost full throttle. any help would be great. the link to the movie will be posted as i just added it to you tube its being approved. thanks guys and i forgot to say somtimes it backfires load and i have never herd that before on my bike

backfires are normally caused by misfiring.. have you checked the timing on the bike!?? would be a good start, considering you can eliminate carbie as a problem..

What was wrong with the original carby you had?

they are tiny & very restictive!

& sorry to say mate but the problems alway lie in the last thing you touched, so i would look back at what you touched & what parts you took off etc

Last edited:
okay thanks guys the movie would not work on you tube i have to bring another point up wich is that when i installed the new carbie me being the absolute noob that i am used the same length cable so when i kicked it over it was reving very high then because untill recently i didnt know you needed a longer cable i tryied starting it and playing around with settings so the bike was revving for somtimes up to 1 minute. could this have caused my problem

sounds like you've got an air leak (sucking air past the carbie not through it) did you replace the gasket at the two bolt flange where you removed/replaced the carbie.

i got the same problem dunno wat it is but i think my headgaskets gone

i got the same problem dunno wat it is but i think my headgaskets gone

so when u say u have the same problem like does your bike get more effected by it off road or on bumps and stuff. also what should the carbie have the black think wich goes between it and the manifold wich also has a ruber washer on it and is there anything else like where the manifold joins the engine.

I think z50kid is on the right track if you didnt put that black spacer in, it would cause the carbie to get hot (heat transfer from the head) which in turn boils the fuel in the carbie and you get vapour lock. so it would ride fine when cold and the second it gets hot backfire miss and cut out.

Latest posts

Back