Pod filter on fire

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLEXMATE

Reaction score
Hello Miniriders, i bought my bike nearly a year ago now(DHZ dpro 160), After i had run the engine in i had a problem with the pod filter catching fire. Im making this thread so any one else who has this problems knows wats wrong.
Any ways.

What happend was i was riding the bike around for a while and then it started bogging alittle then stalled, i looked down and my pod filter was on fire =O, So i ripped the flaming foam fiter off and threw it in the dirt this happend twice beacause i was embarrassingly impatient and dumb enough to buy a new filter and ride the next weekend.

So i thought i would get the first service done by DHZ so i knew how the bike should be running and do the rest myself. The mechanic said that the problem was that the valves were majorly off and the mixture screw on the carby was out of ajustment and the intake manifold was loose, all this meant that the carby was spitting fuel on the filter and the loose intake meant that the bike was back firing and sending a spark through the carby and into the fuel soked air filter which resulted in the filter catching fire.

Hope this helps any one with the same problem or just for future reference.

Off subject a lil mate, the bike in your avatar pic looks like the frame is bent bad at the forks. Is this the case or just appears like that in the pic.

haha yeh your right it dose look a little bent in the pik if you mean the fork angle looks a little steep but its not bent....................... i hope =)

yeah the rake of the forks, id check dude, if you hit a jump and the front forks compress and the tyre hits the engine, its injury time bud. Even when an engine is tuned okay, you may get a backfire and get a burnt filter, ive come close but just smoked and singed the filter lol.

haha yeh ill have a gander at the fork angle i havent noticed anything wrong about it before, Im usualy alright at noticing that stuff.

Good Thread FLEXMATE.
This problem is very common for people that buy new bikes and dont set their valve clearances as part of their assembly process.

Latest posts

Back