popping noises

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtasy

Reaction score
hi guys,

my bike is making popping noises it started happening when i used a different type of petrol.does anybody know if this is normal? and also the kick start is always jamming and sometimes as i kick down it pops up really hard wen its half way down,wtf is going on?

Last edited:
well the popping noise is either coming out of the engine or the exhaust and the kick start sometimes just lock in one spot and wont move as hard as you kick it it just wont move.

u changed your oil lately or checked it?

u changed your oil lately or checked it?

i think the guy who sold it to me said after the first two tanks of petrol then put oil in the engine,im on the second tank now almost finished it.maybe time to put oil in?

my mxb did this and the piston was getting stuck or something like that.

do u mean there is not much oil in there?

Do you know how to maintain a bike? Once its probably under half way it's potentially dangerous.

should i use synthetic or non-synthetic oils? and how much should i put in the first time?

use non-synthetic for a thumpster and as for the popping sound it could be the higher octane fuel because if a motor is tuned to use lower octane fuels which a chinese pit bike probably is then the higher octane can cause in consistencies and a rougher running of the engine.

stupid

what the hell are you talking about m8!! if its higher octane nothing will happen at all your going to confuse the guy if you just talk CRAPP!!! if you are running lower octane than is needed then you will have a prob with pre ignition(pinging or knocking) but higher octane is not a problem its about compression as higher octane fuel does not ignite as quik as lower octane fuel so if you motor is a lower compression rating u can still use 98% octane and will be fine actually ur motor will run cleaner..

sounds like alot of compression! must be a ducar engine... as for oil the manual would say the amount of oil it will take, as stated above use non-synthetic as synthetic will allow the clutch to slip... best brand oil out there is motul 5100 this is a 10w40 grade oil, you dont have to run it you can go buy any non-synthetic oil so long it is 10w40...

id try run a even higher octain (98%) otherwise just use the fuel you were running before... poping could also be the aditives in the fuel i.e methenol

Hey retard...

Maybe you know nothing about engines and i guess that's ok until you start slagging off people when you don't have a clue your self.

Turns out i spoke to my mate who happens to be a mechanic of 25 years now in various bike shops and he told me that the smaller carby engines can't atomize the higher octane fuels properly because it is much denser causing rough running of the engine (explains popping).

So unless you know something i don't i was putting ideas out there using facts not some half drugged fantasy where i thought i knew what i was talking about unlike you kwikaz.

*shakes head with disapointment*

well i was out riding a few mins ago and noticed that it makes the poping noise as soon as i ease back on the throttle, so i would b giving it gas and it wouldnt make the pop but as soon as i let go of the gas it would make a pop sometimes it would be a loud one or sometimes just a soft one.

i also have an oil leak in the clutch compartment,its leaking through the metal plate thingo ill post up a pic soon of what i mean...

Latest posts

Back