post piks of ya Pitpro:)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Flarry.Nothing like a nice shiny new Pitty eh???
Just need a pic of you wheelying off down into the sunset now Dude !!!

Cheers

Yeah my shed smells like new bike now! :D

Anyway, tomorrow a plan to actually ride it lol, will let you know how she handles. :D

Ok, Ive had a good ride and heres my review;

It has a fairly good output of power and it doesnt wheelie, I couldnt wheelie on it, PJ you are 100% right my other bike is a mono machine!!!! But Im not a huge fan of wheelies so thats ok.
Its very smooth to ride and the back of the bike seems to move around alot, probably because of the rear shock.
The rear shock is very soft, on some terrain its like riding a trampoline, but it doesnt bother me really, the front suspension is pretty stiff and very uneven with the rear shock.
I found it very hard to stop and the brakes seem quite soft, you have to pull the front brake lever really hard to stop the front wheel and same with the rear but this can all be fixed by a change of brake fluid probably. It doesnt like sharp turns and manuevers at all but I think I just need practice. It has a real "chinese feel" but I just need to wear it in.

I pretty much named every thing bad about it right there and needless to say there is plenty of good too, it handles rough terrain pretty well, havnt tried any big jumps yet so don't know about that but its very smooth on small jumps, acceleration its good, 2nd and 4th gear are especially brilliant, 1st gear is very slow which is ok 2nd gear is nice and fast but doesnt lack any power, 3rd gear is like a slightly faster 2nd and 4th has got alot of speed and guts, I was a little hesitant to go flat out in 4th and test its absolute full speed because the rear moves around alot and I'm inexperienced on this bike but it felt faster than my 125 and handled the speed better.

All in all it needs some fine tuning and its the COMPLETE oposite to my old bike but its great to ride, its not fully broken in yet so the engine isnt at its full potential but it seems to have a little bit more power and speed than my 125.

Ok I'll shut up now, heres one last photo; :D

Camera-01.jpg

yer mate youll find that once its all worn in... then the "chinese feel " will be gone,as for the suspension..myne is soft too but i really dont mind it at all, although a lil firmer would be nice, and my front forks are awsome atm... at the park near my house theres like a hip thats about 5ft - 6ft high... i jump this on my pp138 and land flat... the suspension just doesnt bottom out by 1-1.5 cm... although i am landing on my bak wheel first.

turn up the rear preload till it feels balanced with the front.

once my pitpro125 was broken in it would wheelie in first by rolling along really slow, sitting back in the seat and just whacking the throttle open. but my 140 never had any trouble hehehe... im running a 14T front sprocket on mine

if you stand up on the pegs, bounce the forks as you twist the throttle in 2nd gear, or just rolling along in second gear sitting back in the seat pull the clutch in give it a rev then dump it

yer mate youll find that once its all worn in... then the "chinese feel " will be gone,as for the suspension..myne is soft too but i really dont mind it at all, although a lil firmer would be nice, and my front forks are awsome atm... at the park near my house theres like a hip thats about 5ft - 6ft high... i jump this on my pp138 and land flat... the suspension just doesnt bottom out by 1-1.5 cm... although i am landing on my bak wheel first.

Yeah my old bike felt better when it was worn in.

I broke it in about 6 hours ago and since then Ive noticed a huge difference in the engine power, its got a whole lot more power and handles a bit better in every gear!

Gonna put rimlocks in before I really try my wheelies.

hey Pj mate if you hate pitpros so much why did you start a thread asbout them??

Hey Flarry about the front brakes mine were like that from the factory but it's super easy to adjust. There's a little screw which you wind in and it makes a huge difference. Just make sure to loctite the nut on it because it comes loose very quickly. I agree with you about the rear shock it bounces way too much. Gonna try to adjust it tomorrow.

Really?? Thanks! Is the screw on the caliper? I'll have a look tommorow.

Let us now how you go with that shock as well. :)

Oh and is there supposed to be a big gap between the mount and the bottom of the shock where you connect it at the bottom or am I missing a spacer??

Hey Flarry.They come like that from the factory.Just grab a couple of thin washers from the hardware shop and slide one in each side of the rear shock eye bush.It will stop the shock eye from floating excessively from side to side.

Cheers Brian

Yeah I managed to fit one washer in there...

Would it have any actuall effect on the handling when the shock moves like that? I cant really think how there would be but maybe it would effect the ballance of the bike?

Latest posts

Back