Postie bike conversion!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey_K

Reaction score
Lifan 1P56FMJ vs Lifan 150 vs YX 150 Help please!!

Hi guys!
First of all I'd like to say you's have a great forum here, lots of info and the like. Ok I need some technical advice. I am doing a transplant to replace the old tired 110 in my postie bike, and am currently considering a Lifan 1P56FMJ, Lifan 150, of YX150. Was looking at this "Dirtmax" YX on ebay DIRTMAX AVENGER 150CC 16HP ENGINE PITBIKE - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 05-Apr-08 12:55:39 AEST)
Can anyone shed me any light on the above motors, in terms of reliability and power? I will be keeping it fairly stock, just want the old postie to be able to comfortably sit on 100. Any help you guys can give will be muchly appreciated!
Cheers
Mick

Last edited:
the 150's are good fun but all come out with an inner rotor kit meaning you can't run a charging system (unless the IRK was swapped for a standard rotor and stator but not sure if you can) the 140's however can with a few extras run a charging system for your lights, etc.
curious as to the wiring, whether you'd use the lifan engine loom with honda accessories (lights, indicators, etc.) or could adapt the complete honda loom, utilizing the standard regulator/rectifier.
the mounting bolt pattern varies between the 110 in your postie and the lifans/yx's. howevver you can get an adapter or make your own.

Last edited:
The 1P56FMJ (black alloy cylinder) is NOT a Lifan ....... 1P55FMJ is ..... the Lifan 150 is stronger , revs better than any of the 140's and has a Daytona type outer rotor ignition ...... the YX150 has a shorter stroke and would be far better suited to 100 KPH road cruising ....... but the IRK would be an issue for you if you want to run lights ......

Genuine Pitster GPX / YX150's and 160's run a bigger flywheel with a lighting coil ..... so you could easily swap out the IRK for a normal flywheel ignition .......

I have a spare brand new Lifan 140 1P55FMJ with oil cooler (I have 3 brand new 1P55FMJ engines ... LOL) ..... I bought 3 but just recently bought a DHZ Monster 150 R bike (YX150 motor) ......

Last edited:
I believe CactusJack is our local transplant guru, but you can also look at honda_clone.com for specific info re wiring and the adaptor brackets. My project CT110 just got written off by inattentive cage driver, rrr! Good luck.

Thanks guys, yeah the conversion wont be a problem, theres plenty of info out there on that. Its just the motor that I'm stuck on. I'm leaning more towards a 150 as they seem to have more power on paper, can anyone tell me how they go compared to a 140 standard?

Lifan 140/150 into Postie CT110

Hi Guys and Girls,
I have a Lifan 140cc in a CT110 that does 110km/h and am planning on putting a new Lifan 150 in with an extra tooth on the front sprocket. It goes well and gets about 2.5 litres per 100km travelled.I'm told that the 150 goes noticeably better than the 140. I'll try to update my profile and add photos and details of what needs to be done to fit one.
Lenny

Yeah, They go good down hills :) Mine goes off the dial down hills but maintains 110 on the highway - I still want more!!!!
I tried to get hold of a Honda Wave 125 engine that's injected and quieter out of Thailand but haven't had success yet.

Hi Guys,
Yeah thought id drop by to give a bit of an update. I went with the yx150, mainly because it came with an oilcooler and exhaust. Still running it in sort of, but does 100 quite easily with the stock gearing and crappy chinese carb. The only problem we ran into putting this motor in the ct was the back of the engine near the breather had to be ground down to clear the frame. Other than that it was all pretty much plain sailing. Will get pics up when I can.So does anyone want to buy a brand new inner rotor kit outta the YX? I put a magneto etc in straight away.... Let me know if anyones keen.

yx150 swap

mickey k i just joined, and keen to find out all about your yx150 in ct, any photos as yet:D

Back