Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIKKO_X2

Reaction score
G'day guys,
I'm looking at getting my triple trees, swing arm, wheels and a few other little bits powder coated. I have sent off a bunch of emails to powdercoaters nearby to get quotes but being Sunday I don't think I will hear back for another day or 2.

Has anybody done similar powder coating and could give me an idea on price?
Also, any recommendations on powdercoaters in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne?

Bewdy, was looking into this too for se suburbs. I did use a mob in Dandenong once but they were limited on colours. Wouldn't mind that anodised looking coating.

all the parts need to be sandblasted first, so the powdercoat will have something decent to grab onto.

the wheels would need to be pulled down first, remove the spokes and nipples.
then you can get the hubs and rims powdercoated.
it might be hard to reassemble the wheels too after being done.
as the powdercoat will get into the spoke holes etc.

Yeah leave the wheels alone mate. To much work like Craig mentioned it will fill all the holes and be a biatch to re lace them, not worth it in my opinion.
I think Harry (motovert24) said it cost him $130 for the lxr frame, sand blasted and coated.

Yeah the wheels were more of an afterthought, I don't really feel like going through the hassle but I will definitely be doing the triples and swing arm

I have been getting quotes for powdercoating my swingarm which are around $120 for blasting and powdercoating. This seems pretty steep, what do you guys think it should cost?

i'd guess around $20 for blasting, $30-$40 for powdercoating

The thing with the powder coaters is that (like most trades) charge like a wounded bull when there busy, especially if your in a hurry for a one off that's of a different colour.

Eg. They might have 3 days of one colour, then 2 of another. Shop around mate! You'll find someone that needs your money. :)

My guess would of been around the $60 to $80 mark, but its been a few years since I've had anything powder coated.

I was once a powder coater and I can tell you it's not labour intensive at all. I wouldn't pay much. But yeah if they are spraying 1 colour for a while they shouldn't have any trouble sneaking your items thru at the end of the day for cheap

I paint my own things. I use the small cans of touch up paint that you get in what ever colour you want. It's good for little jobs and the finish is great. Prep work is very important though because if you rush it , the end result won't look as good. I have got so good with cans that I sprayed the bumper on my car and it come out as good as any shop would do. Yeah it took a lot of time but it was worth the big saving.

Also for the price of that powder coater , you could almost buy shinny new parts

Latest posts

Back