Premium V's Regular Fuel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,Mack's right,after my initial run-in i changed to Shell 15-50 vxf synthetic,and run's fine with a slight improvement to clutch feel.
When it come's to fuel,for god's sake don't use fuel with an ethanol base!fuel line's,o'ring's and carb float's don't like it long term.

Man if you want some real power put 30ml of nitro, (radio control car fuel) in your full tank. what a blast! Probably not recommended though but hell it makes some difference. Actually needs smaller jetting so we found on the dyno. So the standard 95 should be near spot on. I wont be responsible if you blow yours up though. Thought id try it for an experiment. Great to win those short races though. Braaaaap!:)

hi all, i use premium fuel and nulon ocatane booster in my bike, dads and lil bro's (rm125, 525sx, jr50) . Mainly because the fuel up here in fnq is crap. It keeps the engines clean (stops carbon buildup). Its also worth considering usin a mini fuel filter on any bike. I use the lil stone filters u can buy them for 5 bucks from ur local moto shop. Stops al tha sand n crap gettin into ur engine therefore saving ur valves, piston etc.

Man if you want some real power put 30ml of nitro, (radio control car fuel) in your full tank. what a blast! Probably not recommended though but hell it makes some difference. Actually needs smaller jetting so we found on the dyno. So the standard 95 should be near spot on. I wont be responsible if you blow yours up though. Thought id try it for an experiment. Great to win those short races though. Braaaaap!:)

hahaha, I did the same thing to my sons bike the other day, it was only 15% nitro methane so I threw in about 80ml to a full tank of premium, and did it make a difference.
it made the 125 ducar go like a rocket, but noticed the engine get a little warmer than usual. also it was clearing out a lot better and sooner.
Just an experiment though, don't think I will do it again as I will be the one replacing his motor...

hahaha, I did the same thing to my sons bike the other day, it was only 15% nitro methane so I threw in about 80ml to a full tank of premium, and did it make a difference.
it made the 125 ducar go like a rocket, but noticed the engine get a little warmer than usual. also it was clearing out a lot better and sooner.
Just an experiment though, don't think I will do it again as I will be the one replacing his motor...

That stuff can do some really bad stuff to motor which has a good chance or seriously injuring some one. Ive seen an engine block on a modified motor already running 15 to 1 compression on methanol or alcohol. The Block pretty much break in half and put a huge gash in some guys a leg. THey race outlaw mini bikes in California U.S.A. reaching speeds of over 80 MPH. They build small one cylinder insdustrial use motor into 30 hp monster ,stroked, big valved, 380+ lift cams, keep in mind these are pushrod overhead valve motors pushing close to 10 grand rpm when they were intended for max of 3400 rpm running on a generator. He was Running like a 35 % mixture.

These bikes you probablt get away with it Cuz of there low compression ratio, there like 9 to 1. Still IT IS EXTREMELY flammable COBUSTIBLE, and should not just be toyed around with. But you could probably get away with a 15% mixture, just be extra careful.

hi all, i use premium fuel and nulon ocatane booster in my bike, dads and lil bro's (rm125, 525sx, jr50) . Mainly because the fuel up here in fnq is crap. It keeps the engines clean (stops carbon buildup). Its also worth considering usin a mini fuel filter on any bike. I use the lil stone filters u can buy them for 5 bucks from ur local moto shop. Stops al tha sand n crap gettin into ur engine therefore saving ur valves, piston etc.

You Run a certain octane of gasoline to suit the compression ratio Most stock dirtbike will only need from 87 to 91. Thats why high HP race motors run alcohol, and nitro........

i was talking to my dads friend about this topic and he has a worked street racing bike, i think its like a kawasaki ninja or something and he make his own high octane fuel by mixing mentholated spirits with petrol. i'm pretty sure its metho. but yeah he said it made alot of differance and ended up gaining quite alot of kw from just different fuel.

also i think its kerosene, well that is pretty much jet fuel, you know what that means, ohhhh yeah 105 octane rating. give that a go in your bikes people.

Gotta use the nitro ,fuel mix straight away though as nitro doesnt mix too well with ULP. It usually is mixed with methanol which needs WAY bigger jetting than standard. Wonder how many people will use it at the races now?

I have a honda Xr80 and my bro has a zongshen 110cc.

we both run 98 + octane boost. around 1/5 of a bottle each tank.

Look octane ratings or RON ratings mean resistance to detonation.

when you have say 91 octane it means that it has the ability to combust easier compared to 95 and 98.

So in high compression bikes you run high compression the higher octane fuel has the ability to withstand detonation from the compression so the fuel doesnt combust before the spark plug enginites the fuel.

this is why desiel has a low ron rating meaning it doesnt need a "spark plug" as such, and uses the compression to create friction causing the desiel to combust.

I have a honda Xr80 and my bro has a zongshen 110cc.

we both run 98 + octane boost. around 1/5 of a bottle each tank.

Look octane ratings or RON ratings mean resistance to detonation.

when you have say 91 octane it means that it has the ability to combust easier compared to 95 and 98.

So in high compression bikes you run high compression the higher octane fuel has the ability to withstand detonation from the compression so the fuel doesnt combust before the spark plug enginites the fuel.

this is why desiel has a low ron rating meaning it doesnt need a "spark plug" as such, and uses the compression to create friction causing the desiel to combust.

intresting thanks for info we have a desiel pressure washer at work be intresting how it turns desiel into heat for the pressure washer.

Latest posts

Back