Problem with Atomik Usd Forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty_77

Reaction score
I am having trouble with the forks on my 140 mid-size atomik

It has only been riden twice for around 3 hours each time

Now I cleaned the bike and put it away a week ago. As i was thinking of going for a ride this weekend.

When I push down on the forks they go down around 50mm from the bottom and they are really really slow to come back up to the original position.

I have Let the 2 bleed screws out to see if they had an air lock and it made no differance (and when i undid the right one it broke head off the bolt)

So I undid the alloy top bolt all together and then did it back up.

Nothing made any differance.

Now my dad is a mechanic and ive been rebuilding bikes for years but this is the first time I have had to muck around with USD forks.

Any help would be appreciated

pretty typical of standard china forks...

more than likely need more oil in them or even an oil change..

next question is..how much do you weigh.. that has a big factor in choosing oil grade and levels in each leg.

Last edited:
HI, I got an atomik too ... going to change the fork oil... Im 80ks...
How much oil does each fork take and what grade oil should I be using?

based of what iv'e seen around the forums you'd be looking at the 185ml in each leg, and at 80kg's i'd personally be running the 10w oil. But don't take this as gospel.... P.S. hopefully doing my nitrous on the weekend (if i get time) i'll will post back and let you knowe what it's like.

I weigh around 70, I will give em a oil change and see what there like

Im around 70kg I used 7.5w and filled each fork leg with approimatly 1 cuP in each leg, I think from memory the cups were 330ml

Its got a lot to do with personal prefference and how you like your forks set up. But a good starting point would be around 10W. And you can find out how much to use my measuring how much comes out...

Old thread i realise, but anyways.... Finally filled my forks with new oil, 100% better than what they were before, i just used 5w cause thats all i had lying around and filled each one with a cup (235ml i think?) was a pain in the arse to do as ****ed if i could work out how to remove the bottom of the fork leg.... But anyway now feels so much better. BUT by the look of it my new DMN legs will be here in about 2wks so they'll be changed out anyways ;)

Latest posts

Back