Problem?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

Reaction score
Hey all,

When I do a quick rev my bike bogs. My bike has a 140cc engine with a OKO26mm carb. Would a 1/4 throttle fix my problem?

A 1/4 throttle won't fix anything but it make your bike rev quicker with less twist of the throttle.

What have you done to try and fix it?

Check you valves while you at it.

oko 26mm carby don't like to be revved quick off idle, a 1/4 throttle will only make it worse. You need to learn to either roll on the throttle at low revs, clutch it a little bit, or try to to tune it out

yep, proper carb tune will fix your problem if you have checked everything else like valve clearances and spark plug.
also if you have an IRK or ORK make sure it isnt fully retarded

post what jet settings and needle height your running

I have a 26mm oko VM and I just remembered all the trouble I had with bogging in low revs, I spent hours trying to tune it and got nowhere. I gave up and got an oko 26mm flatty and it took 5mins to tune and my bikes been running great ever since. If I was you I'd sell the VM and get the flatslide it's a much easier carby to work with, also makes the bike really snappy, pretty much on/off power.

Thanks guys!

I'll get it properly tuned and all that and she how she goes.

I don't want to get a new carb because I think I have spent enough money on the bike as it is.

Latest posts

Back