problems with sparking,,,,,

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china boy788

Reaction score
hey ,, today i when for a ride,, i when normal for a bit then when ova a smal jump and when to take off again and it jst started to spluttering in fouth and then changed down to third and kept doing it for bit ,,, jst kept riding and when to go up this hill and then it jst died,,, i couldnt start it and when to push it home (wasnt happy about that) but when i got home tryed to start it and didnt start.... i pulled out the spark plug and to c if it was sparking and it wasnt.... i changed the plug and noting and cuz i got 1 of them racing coil things i out the stock 1 on to c if it was that and still noting.... so then i got lil bit pissed off and when to do other shit as bike was lil bit hot,,,,,,, when i came up when it was colder and it started up ,,,went for a lil ride an still same problem

so any 1 know wat it could be>?????

thanks and srry for long read...

could be thermal issue?
have you played around with your air/fuel mixture?
it may be running too lean?

you turn the screw to the right leans it and oposit to make it more rich when you went over a jump you could have broken a wire coz u hit the seat to hard so cheak all ya wireing.

theres a clip on the main needle which is set on a notch on the needle, set it to the lowest notch to richen up the mixture.
depending on ur carby u may also have a air/fuel screw.

Last edited:
ok thanks and with the wires i jst remmber that of the 1 wires from the cdi burn a lil..... im pretty sure it was the kill switch but i fixed it with tape and moved it so it woodnt happen again.......

ill move the clip to the right?? and then should be sweet?

burnt you say? a hot joint or wire has a high resistance, that could be causing your problem.

it should help if the fuel mixture is causing the problem

yer possibly it could be a positive wire and hiting the frame which is earthed and thats why it would have been cutting in and out or you cdi craped its dax Let me guess a blue racing 1?

ye burnt but not alot,,, didnt even get to though into the wire in the middle
and nar its not 1 of them blue 1's its jst a black 2 connector 1 and after i saw the wire i fixed and when for ride again and did same thing,,

with changing the air/fuel thing is there a way to tell if its running rich or going lean??? and wats beter to go rich or lean?

it could as Metalmulisha 110cc pro said, melted away insulation exposing the core which could earth intermittently but its a long shot?

the plug will be a whieish color if its running too lean and be black if its to rich

ok but wat colour is whieish??? and when i was checking the plug b4 it was black so turn the carby down?

Last edited:
my bad i meant white-ish.
sparkcolors.jpg

ok when i had it out it looked like the dry and wet fouling pic and when u touched it some carbon came off,,,, but isnt that mean its running to rich?? so wat can i do about this all?

if its running rich then move that clip on the needle UP to a higher notch to leane it out.

umm wat clip u talking about cuz i only clip/lever thing i c on my carby is the chock 1 and then the air/fuel on other side???

carbys a 26mm mikuni if that helps too

1. unscrew the cap where the cable enters the top.
2. pull out the cable it should have a spring,piston.needle attached to it.
3. remove the cable from the piston by compressing the spring and removing the nipple from the piston.
4.pust the needle up out of the piston and you will see the clip on the end of the needle.
5. top notch = leaner / bottom notch= richer
6.put it back together the way it was.

note: which side the piston slides against, there's a idle screw and a locating nipple on the cylinder wall of the carby where the piston slides up and down.

ok thnk but i havnt bn playing around with my carby at all,,, the only thing i did was make one of the snorkle things and thats bn working fine.......

i also broken my clutch cable puting it back into netural when i had to push it back home,,,,, could that be it,, but that shouldnt be it cuz it happen after ...?

ide replace that wire that is burnt the perform continuity tests with a multimeter to check if the wiring and components are alright.

Latest posts

Back