Product review: Pitster pro xjr ss

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
Bike: PITSTER PRO XJR SS

Motor: Lifan 50cc, electric start, 4 speed (automatic clutch)

Drive: Chain obv, 420#

Braking system: Front and Rear drum brakes

Tyre/ Rim sizing: 2.50 - 10 inch

100_1425.jpg

100_1426.jpg

100_1428.jpg

First of all id like to start of by saying the bike overall is a looker straight from the box! from getting it of the back of the ute to riding it around the workshop within the hour was very pleasing, very straight forward, i however am a machinery mechanic so as normal its just like Pre-Delivering a new machine.

Likes: The bike itself is what you would expect for $699, fairly basic although they have improved since my first chinese bike, i am very glad to say that it has a lifan not being bias loncin and the others are also good, personal preference is lifan.

Dislikes: Not so pleased with the suspension and brakes on the bike, however it does support 70kg well even though its designed for a smaller sized person. From new like i said the bakes were poor they are slowly wearing in so i am getting a little more performance out of them.

Problems: Nothing too major, the float levels were not set correctly i had a lot of overflow coming from the carby, it was also flooding itself and at times run like a complete dog, also very poorly made battery box cause it to basically fall apart, LHS foot peg snapped completely off, i got the foot peg wedged in the ground and it snapped clean off (shit metal)

Fixes: Stripped the carby main jet it was leaking air through threading, not sure if that was causing any spluttering but i sealed it up anyway, i corrected the float levels so it did leak fuel everywhere. This has seemed to cure the issues i was having, the battery box on the other hand had to be reinforced, it was held together with very little tack welds, i stripped the paint back and welded the length of each but up joint, i machined down a round length of steal to fit comfortably down the centre of the pipe and welded it back up.

Mods: as you may see in one photo of the carby, i removed the choke! very simple procedure there has been no major difference that i have picked up. (as seen below)

100_1427.jpg

Overall: For a 50cc engine you cant expect it to go crazy fast, it does the job gets you up and going amazingly though i can keep up with a 10 year old on a Yamaha PW80, Also as mentioned it was only $700 so you cannot expect the world from it, you cant really complain because i scrape 6ft, i am 70kg and the bike wasnt designed for me but it still halls my arse around and its bloody fun.

Really struggling to add much more, for $700 it is sound and will keep your kids (big or small) out of the house, unlike a PS3

Last edited:
Nice thread mate, I was in DHZ a few days back and seen one in the flesh and have to agree it looked good sitting there and after seeing the same in a xmoto for (from memory) $100 more I know what I'd pick. I also like how you have reinforced the "you get what you pay for" a line more and more are forgetting when buying a bike or parts.

great review mate.

Wayne.

Those carbies are HELL. Remove it, burn it and never speak of it again.

Sweet review man, I would get rid of that oversized chain guard ASAP. :)

+Rep for you. :)

Those carbies are HELL. Remove it, burn it and never speak of it again.

It does its job, bike runs, idles and rides! no point spending money on it if i dont have to

Sweet review man, I would get rid of that oversized chain guard ASAP

It may be overkill but i like the fact that my girlfriend has all of her toes

yeah i reacon you should make up something a little but slimmer more attractive just out of scrap metal, chain guard wise...

there an awesome looking bike.. thinking of getting one for my son..

great review too mate..

one thing tho.. did you ask for it to have the electric start? because there advertised without it..
its good for the kids but you loose ground clearance..not to mention e-start looks gay..

still cant see why youd bother buying 1 of these either for ya kids or to mod up a bit and ride yaself, for extra 100$ or 2 , you could get a crf50, picked up my boys crf50 for 800$ with set t/wheels.
Just my 2 bobs worth :)

one thing tho.. did you ask for it to have the electric start? because there advertised without it... its good for the kids but you loose ground clearance..not to mention e-start looks gay..

Unfortunately the electric start is not an option, that is what it comes with! and it also is missing a bash plate.

hmmm i just had a look on the product page on DHZ..
seems a little deceiving.
pics show kick only engine but specs say e-start/kick start engine..

e-start isnt my cup-a-tea..

cheers for the info mate

still cant see why youd bother buying 1 of these either for ya kids or to mod up a bit and ride yaself, for extra 100$ or 2 , you could get a crf50, picked up my boys crf50 for 800$ with set t/wheels.
Just my 2 bobs worth :)

Exact same thing I said when I first saw them... I know which one I would choose if I was looking at a 50.

my idea was to put a 110 in it later on down the track, however i have changed my mind! and am opting to trade up and get something thats already got a bigger motor, bigger wheels, and higher seat hight.

so if anyones interested in a well looked after, moderatly used Pitster Pro xjr ss send me a pm

Latest posts

Back