Protective equipment, help !

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harkin7

Reaction score
hey guys, this is my first thread :$ but I need some help. just bought a pitpro 125 RR and was wondering what protective stuff is essential and what isn't, help please !

Good helmet, shorty boots ( easier to ride and change gear IMO) shin/ knee pads, gloves, goggles. That's what I wear.

Yeah brendo is right but if coin is a prob then maybe steel capped boots covering the ankles, gloves, goggles and an Australian std helmet(i recommend a new helmet) with minimal scratching or dents(you never know what impact a 2nd hand helmet has had) i use a kidney belt also as s&%#ting and p@$%ing blood isnt real nice when you least expect it hahaha always wear long pants as my first bike a(pitpro 125rr) left a shiny but skinless burn which was hell for a few weeks

if you wear steel caps when riding, be carefull you dont break all your toes if you stack it.
the steel cap can sort of flip back onto your toes if you hit your foot the wrong way against something.
but in saying that, i have used mine when riding a bit.
you can be lucky with boots too, and pick them up cheap second hand, and they're still like new.
i got my O'Neal 720 boots for $50, and they had only been worn 3 times before.

thanks heaps guys, I've the Australian standard helmet, all I need now is basically everything else :) hahah

if you wear steel caps when riding, be carefull you dont break all your toes if you stack it.
the steel cap can sort of flip back onto your toes if you hit your foot the wrong way against something.
but in saying that, i have used mine when riding a bit.
you can be lucky with boots too, and pick them up cheap second hand, and they're still like new.
i got my O'Neal 720 boots for $50, and they had only been worn 3 times before.

where do you get the second hand boots. ps I am only 13 so they need to be pretty small

Now buy Goggles, Gloves, Knee Pads, Boots, Jersey + Pants

i dont even own boots... but im learner too.. bit hard to find size 14 boots second hand though :(

where do you get the second hand boots. ps I am only 13 so they need to be pretty small

There is heaps of 2nd hand on eBay mate, especially small sizes and super cheap too!

Also there's eBay stores that sell brand new boots cheap as too, just a heads up they will phantom bid against you to so if the bids look Sus let it go, they repost it in a day or two at the same price.

used boots can be found on Gumtree too, a mate just picked up a pair of Oneal 720s same as mine for $70, like new still, the guy also sold him a Fox Jersey, and Riding Pants both like new, for $50 extra too, they were $180 new for the pair

brother inlaw picked up a pair of size 13 Shift boots for $100 last year on gumtree.

peter stevens clearance stores have lots of specials too, under half price some items.

Latest posts

Back