Proud new owner: Braaap Pro Factory 190 - it is an "Anima"

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Hi all,

After much research on this forum, FB, google & plenty of advice/guidance from moderator Craig, I finally found the bike I was looking for as there not many around on the second hand market BUT mine is in fact new :) Picked it up off Gumtree from a true gentleman & drove to QLD from SYD yesterday...loooong drive BUT worth it!
It is stock as a rock with 0.0hrs on the hour meter - the owner bought it (as well as a 150 & 88?) & had no intention of riding them, he hadn't even started the bike so we cracked it last night - he is friends with the owner of Braaap.

I rode it today & it is unreal - I can see why they call it the "Anima" engine & I'm not into it as yet whilst running it in - I have a few q's:

1. should i run the run in oil for 1hr then drop it & replace with belray semi synthetic 10/40, per suggestion from braaap?

2. for run in procedure, should i take it easy & load the engine up for the 1st hour, then get into it (per braaap advice)?

3. There is a cable attached from the frame to the rear brake, looks like it needs to come off as you cannot apply the rear brake? what is its purpose...maybe it stops from the slave cylinder being over extended in transit...is this the case?

4. the oem braaap stickers are pretty much falling off, can i salvage these & reapply them or should i replace them with new sticker kit? i wonder if all braaap stickers lose adhesion after a while & if so, i'll look at alternative brands

the exhaust silencer was removed - sounds much better without it & lets it breath :)
i am absolutely wrapped with my new bike.

regards
marko

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 27
That looks like a real nice bike, lucky you.
Im pretty sure that brake attchment is a brake snake, stops the pedal bending back if it gets caught on something. you should be able to adjust it so it can travel and stop the bike.

Ok. The pedal itself has a lot of travel in it so I'll adjust it accordingly

Yeah as Berg has said, it's a brake snake to stop you ripping the pedal off if it catches on something.
Pedal shouldn't have too much travel, might need bleeding, mine did, i replaced the brake fluid with some decent stuff, Dot 5

Running it in, read this-
http://www.miniriders.com/mini-chat/38773-running-hard.html?highlight=running
Might want to let the ring's bed in before you start adding semi synthetic stuff, put at least 3 tank's full of fuel through it before changing from mineral oil to semi synth
I just run Castrol mineral oil through mine ($13.99/L), but it's up to you

You should top it up a bit too, it's on the minimum oil level now, max is at the top of the window

Here's a manual on the engine if you need it-
http://daytona-global.com/products/pdf/86876.pdf

Don't forget to kick it over from just past tdc.
And adjust the valve clearance's as soon as you can

There's not much you can do with the sticker's, could try come contact adhesive, or just replace them at a later stage.

Last edited:
Top stuff mate.. I was wandering if there was a twin bike out there.. hadn't seen one till now ... lve just tarted it up a little..

Attachments

• ycf 190.jpg
    ycf 190.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Thanks for the info Craig :)
I'll read thru it.
Why don't these bikes run full synthetic like most 4 strokes? I run it in my forged Nissan gtr and it's always recommended in built cars.

Top stuff mate.. I was wandering if there was a twin bike out there.. hadn't seen one till now ... lve just tarted it up a little..

Nice colour scheme :)
I'll probably change mine. I actually don't mind the pink braaap livery, metro!

Braaap in Vic was telling me to go for the Keihin PE28 I think? Run that with a unifilter and he said the bike is done.

Is that what you would recommend? How about jetting as I'm hoping the jets in the kit will suffice

Ring's don't bed in too well with synthetic oil's.

Have a look at gottagetacheaperhobby's Braaap thread or China911's for PE28 jetting

I'll check it out Craig.
Where is the best place to get a sticker kit? I've noticed there are different cuts that suit CRF and so forth...what style plastics does the Braaap run?

Braaap plastic's, or YCF plastic's are the only sticker kit's that'll fit.
Braaap has them on their website

Can I run YCF stickers on braaap plastics?
The front number plate is a different shape which is why I ask...if not, are there any local YCF dealers? I really dig their sticker design and plastics are nice.

Attachments

• 54d8f3468ae10.jpeg
    54d8f3468ae10.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 11
They are the same, your braaap is a re badged ycf, pro sp3 I think the model is. There are a couple of aus ycf dealers now, not sure where the nearest one would be to you though.
Out of interest, how does your elka feel? My old braaap, and craigs, felt too stiff over slow/small bumps I reckon. Craigs was better than mine, but still quite stiff in my opinion. Made it so hard to get the 190s power down at slow speeds. Craigs did feel plush on the jumps though..

They bought out new plastic's for 2015 model's, i'm sure they'd fit the earlier bike's
Dealers

Check out the bling in their catalogue too
http://www.ycf-motorcycles.com.au/uploads/catalogue/5588059b73ce3.pdf

i'll see if i can get my hands on the earlier model ycf stickers in that case.
the only issue i see if i use ycf stickers on my braaap plastics is that the stickers are designed to work with coloured plastics on the front half of the bike & white plastics on the back half of the bike - as my braaap plastics are black, some of the stickers on the back of the bike will be lost where the letters are black

They are the same, your braaap is a re badged ycf, pro sp3 I think the model is. There are a couple of aus ycf dealers now, not sure where the nearest one would be to you though.
Out of interest, how does your elka feel? My old braaap, and craigs, felt too stiff over slow/small bumps I reckon. Craigs was better than mine, but still quite stiff in my opinion. Made it so hard to get the 190s power down at slow speeds. Craigs did feel plush on the jumps though..

i noticed last night that it is identical to the ycf sp3 after looking at some pics...what is the arrangement between ycf & braaap? kinda reminds me of the vn commodore & toyota lexen when they rebadged the car, or the toyota 86 & subaru brz

rear shock feels great - i havent played with the adjustment as yet - top notch quality suspension :)

the braap is a real international bike with its french frame, jap engine & canadian suspension - what is chinese on it? anything from china has such a stigma BUT china manufacturing is becoming much better nowadays

Well its actually a french designed frame, still built in china though. The Daytona is manafactured in china to, so really the frame and engine are still chinese, just higher end chinese gear lol. Great bike still, just a little heavier than their competition, and missing that linkage in the rear.

Depending on where you're riding and what it's on, eg rocky area's, compacted dirt, sand etc somewhere between 15 psi and 18 psi

Forgot to mention, you're best off getting a new chain too, i bought a new DID 420 NZ3 (gold bling) for about $75, or you can use the cheaper DID H/Duty one that's around $30

Latest posts

Back