Puchased a busted terramoto for cheap. Need some Help/Advise

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastfwd

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and also new to Pit/mini Bikes.

Raced MX for 12 years with HRA and quit 2-3 years ago for career/life change but my bro got a Thumpstar 140cc and we got a big property so i thought i would grab a mini bike also.

Guy 2-3 streets down from me was selling a Terra-Moto krusha KDX125F (jialing motor). And tbh i dont know weather it was stolen, busted or whatever but they were lying threw there teeth about something. Anyways i got the bike for $200 after inspecting a few things. The bike looks ridden 3-4 max so its fairly new but has problems.

Issues:
1. No clutch Leaver
2. Broken Spark plug lead
3. Wires cut all over.
4. partially removed electric starter motor setup
5. Motor not holding compression or compressing but only on random kicks.

Purchased a cheap clutch leaver, fixed the spark plug lead, removed the electric starter motor setup completely and repaired a few wires here and there and gave it a good clean. Now i cant get the thing to start. I actually dont know what it is but it just doesnt hold compression or it does sometimes and then sometimes it doesnt. Cant understand it but i got a vid below to explain what i mean.

YouTube - Terra-Moto Krusha 125 - Not starting

So when you kick it over sometimes it just feels like theirs nothing and then you keep kicking and sometimes you here some compression burst. Then sometimes its got compression throughout a few kicks and then it just stops.

If anyone could help me work out what the issue is and what parts or even engine if its stuffed i need to buy that would be great.

Thanks

Reece

i had the same problem cus i taped up my clutch cable and it ****ed it up , welcome to mini riders bro

Instead of fixing, i have a feeling that it had gone threw a few people that treated it poorly. Do you think its better to just buy some new parts, Head assembly, bigger bore kit etc instead of seeing if thing works? TBH it sounds stuffed. Compression sometimes other times nothing and the guy a bought it off said "just needs a little carby clean and sheel be right" pfft i knew when i bought it there would be more to that but for $200 who cares you can buy whole motor setup replacement 140cc for $375 but dont think i need to go that far cos tranny and everything else seems fine.

looking at these things on ebay...

Head assembly with everything in it

GENUINE LIFAN 150 CC ENGINE HEAD ASSEMBLY - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 05-Nov-10 00:26:31 AEDST)

150cc Bore kit

Atv Quad Engine 1P56FMJ Lifan Cylinder Kit 150cc Parts - eBay (item 180513829903 end time Oct-25-10 22:18:31 PDT)

This way i get to start with a new rebuild + 150cc

Have you checked you valve clearances? The main problem of not having compression is your valves are wrong.

How to set valve clearances.

Hope this helps.

I have compression sometimes. Its just at odd times, sometimes i have it sometimes i don't. You still think i should check clearances? if so ill print out that link and follow it

Ok i went to do the valve clearances and they seemed fine but i was a little confused by this.

YouTube - Terra Moto Krusha - Kickstart not pushing over the motor

This is basically me kicking over the motor with full kicks on the kick start. Like i said sometimes it wont even push over the motor, looks like its not even getting a quarter rotation out, it doesn't even feel like a block related issue. Feels more like something to do with crank connecting to the kick start or a leek in compression not forcing the piston up and down.

Last edited:
sPgeS.jpg
iuUmv.jpg
OPKQM.jpg

Yeah but it just seems to lock up and not kick over the motor.

Yer that was 1st ill give 2nd a try and see if that kicks over the motor...

you thinking what im thinking? stripped kick start

Yer that was 1st ill give 2nd a try and see if that kicks over the motor...

you thinking what im thinking? stripped kick start

Yes...

It's not massively hard to have a look; there's a guide or two around on here if you search ;)

I like to jump start my bike in the biggest gear possible say 3rd or 4th as its less strain on the engine.

Also have you tried kicking it over in neutral then shift into first roll abit then back to neutral and give it a go.

first reply in here is pretty spot on..

if the clutch is over adjusted it will make the kicker slip because the clutch is running off the crank and not the gearbox like a jap bike..

de-adjust it or completely remove the cable and see what happens, if still no joy then the free play adjustment in the clutch cover needs adjusting also.. there should be a couple of MM free play in the clutch arm on the cover..

roll starting it wont work as it will still slip the clutch..

also just so you know, none of those parts you listed earlier are compatible with yr engine..

edit

never heard of one of these engines stripping kicker gears

Last edited:
Yes...

It's not massively hard to have a look; there's a guide or two around on here if you search ;)

Yep ok so i went to scootamoto down the road from my place to grab some parts to fix a few things and asked him about the bike and funny enough the guy i bought it from lived 2 houses down from the owner of scootamoto and the guy was trying to get him to fix it but never got around to it.

The scootamoto guy said from the quick look he had at the bike it sounded like the cog on the kickstart that connects to the flywheel to start the bike was stuffed. Scootamoto guys have one of those cogs in stock so if its that he can sell me a cheap second hand one.

first reply in here is pretty spot on..

if the clutch is over adjusted it will make the kicker slip because the clutch is running off the crank and not the gearbox like a jap bike..

de-adjust it or completely remove the cable and see what happens, if still no joy then the free play adjustment in the clutch cover needs adjusting also.. there should be a couple of MM free play in the clutch arm on the cover..

roll starting it wont work as it will still slip the clutch..

also just so you know, none of those parts you listed earlier are compatible with yr engine..

I dont think its this as my clutch cable isnt actually connected to anything atm. I got the bike with no clutch leaver so the cable is free loose with alot of free play available.

well i recon it still is cause in your last video you can see the the cam gear wanting to turn when yr kicking it but something is slipping on the other side (clutch).

like i said, check the free play in the clutch arm on the cover..

well i recon it still is cause in your last video you can see the the cam gear wanting to turn when yr kicking it but something is slipping on the other side (clutch).

like i said, check the free play in the clutch arm on the cover..

Ok Sean i think your right in a way. Its not the cable that is the problem i think it might be the clutch. I just purchased my new lever to get that going and set it all up and adjusted the cable with 1mm of play and if i put the bike into gear pull the clutch in and push it on the ground it feel like the clutch is trying but not working 100% the bike feels heavy to push. Its still pushes threw the gear and but you can feel it not free in neutral where it should be when you pull the clutch in. I dont know exactly how the clutch works on these things but even if i let the clutch out while its in gear i can still push the bike threw the gear. Ive only ever worked on Moto's that if you let the clutch out it will try to kick the motor over (hence push start). But this if you let the clutch out fully you can still push it threw the gear it just feel extremely heavy.

You think my clutch sounds screwed? should i pull the assembly apart and inspect the clutch plates etc?

I pulled the cover off the clutch housing, the one with two 8mm bolts on it and theres a leaver with a thread and nut on it which i tried to adjust back and forth to see if it made any difference and it only made a slight improvement but nothing 100%.

If the clutch was fairly stuffed would this also effect starting the bike in neutral or even push starting it in gear? Any way to test this?

Latest posts

Back