pull off IRK??????????????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron.blake

Reaction score
i need to get the inner rotor kit off my jialing 125 cause im using it in my z50 and need to put on a lighting coil outer rotor so im needing to pull it off

the problem is that i have a fly wheel puller but it dosnt fit the IRK
ive tried putting clamps behind it and pulling it off but it wont budge :(

anyone know how to? or know anyone in the syd area that can do it? havnt tried DHZ yet
seeing if someone here can do id or knows how...

any help would be much appreciated
cheers

grind the peace of junk off

na i just used a set of multi grips to the the irk rotor off went pretty easy

good luck

yeah was thinking that....
i just tried that tooo hooked them over the back of the irk (gear box side) and put the other bit on the threaded spine

id try heat on the rotor or if you dont want it cut it off but not right through just both sides with a grinder then pry it off with a larger screwdriver ,very dodgey but it might work ?

oi are you getting an outer rotor to run lights and such off your bike ,coz it wont work

i had 1 and no good for me ,but it may just have been my outer rotor ,wouldn't out out enough ac volts to charge battery

i got a stock lifan 1 works like a charm and the bike is smoother to ride and it aint a lil flywheeel

it's a dc current not ac

but output will need to be min 13.8v from coil and bout 2.5 - 3 amp somewhere there

i'm not certain but the fixed ork kits with the yx160 dont work haven't tested the rest

i thought was ac out of stator to a reg/rec to change it to dc to then charge battery ?

well thats how mine works anyways , i run the headlight straight off the stator well joined to yellow wire b4 the reg that is

works a treat and heaps of chare out of reg to charg battery 13.4 at idel and 14.4 at high rev

um, one of those "3- jaw" pullers...

or drill and tap two holes in it/get a bearing clamp behind and use a "crowfoot" puller

heat the silly thing up.... then whack it with a hammer..:)

cut it off at last resort....theyre only alloy, so thats easy enough with a 1mm cutoff wheel... just dont go full depth into the shaft...:)

ac from the stator(magneto) which you cant read ACCURATELY with a multimeter cus theyre designed for 50hz...but you will still get a reading on the ac setting... should be at least 14 volts.... then goes to regulator/rectifier to produce dc for battery charging, accessories like dash fans(i really shoulda gotten a pic of that postie:p) handlebar heaters, etc.... and the DC output should read 14.4 max....with lights etc running...

also invest in a decent regulator from a postie/wrecker etc, the chinese ones burn out every ten minutes with the current draw...

if you recall the stator plate i asked you about... they dont supply enough power to run a light with the coil yours didnt happen to have...

you want the type that kdf sells on ebay with "radial" coils, but you need the whole kit with the flywheel as well

You can make or buy an IRK rotor puller ... they sit flat on the outside of the rotor and attach to it via 3 screws into the threads which are already in the rotor ... put there specifically for the proper puller ... If you use a 3 pronged or two pronged gear puller there's a risk of the rotor flying apart at high rpm if you reuse it ...

http://www.hondaminitrail.com/gifs/T16.jpg

There's some interesting new parts on this site ...

OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Inner rotor puller kit (Powered by CubeCart)

Including a CDI box with a map 4 program ? for standard IRK's ...

OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Inner rotor CDI 14000 rpm map 4 (Powered by CubeCart)

And a full digital IRK for 279 fookin' quid ...

OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Digital inner rotor power pack kit (Powered by CubeCart)

I came across this info in a search ...

Pit Bike Inner Rotor Kit Installation Directions / Instructions | Intuit

Latest posts

Back