Pulled A Part Of My 150 But I Dont Know How To Put It Back

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

draino

Reaction score
Check the pics, I pulled it of and it just un did and came out easy as, but there is a red coloured plastic bar in the hole it doesnt seem to go in as easy as it came out? The part I pulled of has a small latch that holds the toothed shaft and if you depress the latch the shaft moves up and down freely but does anyone know how I put it back?:eek:

Attachments

• eng1.jpg
    eng1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 76
  • eng2.jpg
    eng2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 53
  • eng3.jpg
    eng3.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 47
  • eng4.jpg
    eng4.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 47
lol dude b4 u pull anything apart u make sure u can put it baack together lol

you've stuffed it! let me buy it off ya :)

haha, nah. I've never worked with a klx type before so i can't help ya, but that's the chain tensioner isn't it?

I'm after one of these engines to build soon, if you don't mind, how much did you get it for? thanks, sorry can't help

like Le|Garage said, its your chain tensioner... not sure how they go in but it should be straight forward putting it back in!

Le|Garage I got it of Ken at DHZ for $700 but I havent fired it up yet, I should have it all bolted in tommorow;)

Check the pics, I pulled it of and it just un did and came out easy as, but there is a red coloured plastic bar in the hole it doesnt seem to go in as easy as it came out? The part I pulled of has a small latch that holds the toothed shaft and if you depress the latch the shaft moves up and down freely but does anyone know how I put it back?:eek:

WOW..the lever was this far out?? you have to back the lever off a bit , then screw the whole thing snug on and dial it in until you got a bit resistance;)

Yeah mate , do as mountain says but count the number of turns that you back it off by and write it down . That way you'll know where you're at and can get it back to where it was if necessary .

Yeah mate , do as mountain says but count the number of turns that you back it off by and write it down . That way you'll know where you're at and can get it back to where it was if necessary .

thanks CJ ..forgot about that:eek:

Yeah , I only put that info so that he doesn't become confused ..... but what you said was right mountain .... you normally just tighten cam chains up until the chain goes quiet and you can hear a slight whistling/whirring sound when the engine is being revved . There's no guarantee that his wasn't already over tensioned from the factory ....... You want to use the LEAST amount of tension necessary to do the job then check and readjust regularly as things wear in ....... excessive tension will only stretch the chain and shorten the life of the guides and rubbing surfaces ...... :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back