Pumper carbs, Whats out there?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drz250 uses an oval bore tm28-1. the drz oem tm actually measures around 31mm i have both here, i am selling the drz250 carb for $100 + shipping if anyone is interested.

how tall are these carbs... iv heard alot of the mikuni pumpers are to tall to run in the normal position

the carb is huge...195mm..but if you won`t to fit it you will find a way:D

yeah be good on a postie or z50 build... for minibikes you would have to lift the tank up or make a longer manifold

drz250 uses an oval bore tm28-1. the drz oem tm actually measures around 31mm i have both here, i am selling the drz250 carb for $100 + shipping if anyone is interested.

wrap that sucker up and send it my way. Will have a play with it while i try find a Keihin.
Sent way too many emails on the yoshi, if i get a reply i will still go ahead with it.

Thump, i'll still grab the one you have

(PM sent to both)

As far as i'm concerned you can never have too many parts around. Just about to get rid of a couple of vehicles to make some room for upcoming projects.

can anyone point out the physical differences between a pumper and non pumper tm28? i've searched around but can't seem to find any definitive pumper pics as i believe not all were pumpers.

Hackmunch, can you confirm yours is and can you put a pic up,
Cheers

a pumper has a mechanical fuel pump on it
and it will have a fuel squirter in the venturi

see on here
3885.jpg

well im guessing the one hackmunch has is the same as the first link.. and at a 100 plus post its worth trying...
but i think the FCR would be best choice..

as for tuning, i think they both might be a bit of a headache to start with, as you have more jets to consider in the tune...

OK, i have both carbs from Thump and Hackmunch coming.

Have also put an order on the FCR in the link above. Now i got to play the waiting game before playing around with them. i'd say the FCR will find a home on the CT and will decide which finds its way onto the pitty.

I'll do a review on the FCR and possibly a tuning guide (not that they're common but everything helps).
Will keep you guys posted on the progress with these.

i have tested just about every carb, stay away from the fcr downdraft, the 28 is actually a 26. best carb hands down is the drz250 tm28-1. you should have your carb in a week or so. here are some pics side by side with the drz250 tm28-1 and the stock tm28-1. they are identical except the bores are different.
1123091957.jpg

1123091958.jpg

downsized_1123091959.jpg

downsized_1123091959a.jpg

awesome, cheers for that. Look forward to messing around with it.

Will still give an FCR a go, my curiosity has got the better of me! could turn out to be an expensive experiment but you live and learn. Just means a wasted day in the dessert working to pay for it.

Have bailed on the FCR, they require a direct deposit. To do this i have to head to the bank or print off a form to allow international transfers and post it to them.
Contacted them regards alternative payment methods stating i'd pay any extra cost incured by them. The reply i got was a simple NO, thats all we accept.
Considering i'm about 1200k's from my nearest bank SA and 5-600 from a postoffice at the moment they can shove their awkwardness. Also international transfers have no insurance against them whatsoever.

Carb will be on the way friday, since today is thanksgiving. Try the jetting in it 1st, should be real close. Thanks again dominic

I'd say it's at the post office, I had a missed parcel on friday but was too late once i got home.
Will let you know tomorrow.
Cheers

Yep it was the carby! Awesome, cheers bud.

I now need to find a carb adapter to fit the 38mm outlet, you don't know where i could source one by chance?

Latest posts

Back