putting 150 head on gpx 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lets ride

Reaction score
hello people well my gpx 125 is now in the shop getting 150 head and piston into and onto my motor for those of you who know me the last time we tried this we found the piston was 1mm to big to fit now we have some one who is gunna hone it out so if there is anyone out there who has done this for real and know how it goes or know anything about this conversion im more than happy to hear about it

what brand 150 top end are you using... i would of left it along.
the gpx 125 has a nice compression ratio and seems to go good for only a 125..
port work and cam/springs would of been my first mod..

and if your using the yx140/150 piston then its 2mm that needs to come out of it..
just honing isnt going to help it has to be bored and honed or they'll kill the barrel..

also be sure to use a zonger head gasket and not the yx one... zonger 1 is half as thick so it will give back a little compression...

sweet thanks mate i want to build sthing different gasman bikes is ordering the parts so im not 100% sure the brand

okay well we have put a 150 barrel and piston in the bike with alote of machining its done ill post photos so people can see it now to run it it woooohoooo

had a quick wrap on it today and frigan awsum thanks gas man bikes and adam for the machine work next step is cam head and bigger valves

Latest posts

Back