QUAD HELP

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEDUCE

Reaction score
hey guys i just brought a 200cc quad (think its an atomic) Now i got told it had a flat battery and i got it home and tried it to start it with a jump pack and nothing.

Now i was playing with the key and the start button and it cranked. but if you wiggle the key it cuts out.
So i gather it has a ****y ignition switch??

Also none of the electrics work like head lights or brake lights.
what could that be?

I took it for a ride goes good but it cut out when i wass riding and i dont know if it was the switch or what.

anyone know about the lights would it be a regulator ???

replace the ignition switch and go from there..
the ignition will power the lights and everything as well. so maybe its not working 100% even tho it allows the engine to work..

when buying a switch make sure you match up the wires on the plug, i have had to swap some around in the past..

anyone know what this could be as the switch didnt fix it.

could it be the rectifier as none of the electrics work on the bike like head lights tail lights or cooling fan.

i have put power to the lights and fan and they do work but just work off the bike so what ever runs the eletrics is what it will be but not sure what the part is.

rectifier only controls battery charge.

id be checking the loom for dry/broke joints.

also grab a screw driver and arch the 2 terminals out together on the solenoid, if the engine cranks over then theres probly a problem in the starter circuit or solenoid. try it again with the key on and see if it starts...
the small 2 wire plug coming out of the solenoid needs power to trip the starter, use a piece of wire and connect 1 end to power and the other end touch each of the connections in the plug, if the engine winds over then the solenoid is fine but there is a problem with either the starter button or the loom.

i usually ditch most of the wiring and wire up a push button kill switch as a starter button directly to the solenoid...

Latest posts

Back