Question on my 4 speed tranny.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thx1971

Reaction score
I have a 1970 CT-H 70 and i cleaned out the oil spinner today , now i got everything back together went to start the bike ,pulled the clutch in and the 1st gear grabs hard and the bike lurches forward. Any ideas to why the bike grabs hard when the clutch is pulled?

Check the clutch adjustment.

Sounds like when your pulling the lever it ain't actually engaging the clutch.

Yes it worked fine before, I tried adjusting the clutch cable but dosent make a bit of diff. The clutch lever does allow it to go into gear its just the 1st gear it jerks into then sometimes it slips out of gear like in 3rd when Im turning, not all the time just occasionally. Its weird all I did was take the clutch plate face off and clean all the built up sludge that accumulates in the spinner.

This is my Hog here, just bought it a couple weeks ago. Its a 1970 CT-H 70
5L75E55M93Ge3F13ofc8dfbe70eba6e6a1a9b.jpg

Last edited:
ok sounds like a bit of a coincidence that this has happened..

ya havent bent ya gear lever shaft have you?
actually sounds like a gearbox problem of some sort or the sleeve running thru the clutch drive gear is seized!!

nice ride btw

No the shifter isnt bent , it didn't do this till I took the case off on the right sideand did some cleaning, it downshifts smooth and when I up shift its smooth . The intial pop into first gear is nasty ,I put 20/50w in it now and it made a just a slight improvement ,but there is still that clunk and forward lurch.

Latest posts

Back