Questions (can't find answers)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyunt

Reaction score
hey i have looked every were but can't find the answers please help!

1. I can find the idle screw but can't find the idle mixture screw?

2. how do remove the carby? Like what do i need to do before unscrewing from minifold? does petrol pour out? and what do i need to do before reinstalling? and how do you turn the fuel off?

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0707copyiy4.jpg

Yep hers a pic of my carby^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cheers

Last edited:
hay mate.

any images of the carby would help, too many carbies exist for us to tell you where you would find the mixture screw accuratly.

to remove the carby, turn off the fuel at the tank, loosen the left and right manifold bolts and remove the left one FIRST. this is so you can take out your accelarator barrel, jet needle etc etc... then remove the right bolt and out comes the carby. you can disconnect the fuel line at any point after you have turned off the fuel from the tank. before re-installing its best to clean out the carby (seeing as you allready have it off and all.

hope this helps ya out matey.

Cheers, Tony.

P.S : sorry to be breif, in a bit of a rush :D

first what kind of carby? some just have a screw with spring on it for the mixture.

then turn the fuel off & you will have no problems with fuel all over the palce,

then just the 2 nut's from the manifold, & take the fuel line off the carby

mixture screw is usually on the bottom of the carb on the opposite side to the air filter... probably have to take it off to adjust it tho. just undo the two bolts holding it on, and inscrew the slide cap to take it off. petrol wont really spill, but try to keep the carb upright.... drain it into your tank by putting the drain hose into the fuel tank and unscrewing the drain screw at the bottom of the carb

there will be a scree on the bottom of the carbi just above the bottom tube. uncrew that and let the petrol out once the petrol has stopped coming out screw it back in and use either a 8mm spanner or socket and remove the bolt at the manifold, take it off and remove all four screws on the underside in the corners. these screws hold on the crbi bowl which holds the fuel to be jetted into the motor. to clean it out just blow it out with compreesed air but if you don't have a air compressor go to the service station/petrol station and use theres. i use a air compressor with a ball inflater valve to blow out any thing in the jets.

as for the misture screw, its easyier to find once the carbi is off but yeah its on the bottom/bowl of the carbi. and is a flat head csrewdriver bolt thing. hope this helps mate. pm me if ya need more help.

also how do you turn the fuel off?

using a match or a lighter... it soon goes OFF! lmao... oh gawd...^^

im pretty sure agb-29's dont have a fuel tap..well my two mates bikes dont atleast, just pull the hose out of the carbi and quickly pinch it and then use something to keep it pinched (e.g an alligator clip)!

were is this fuel tap? if i have one?

follow the fuel hose from the carbi up to the tank..if you have one it will be in that section..normally fixed to the tank.

with On Off and possibly Res. its like a grey colour.. kinda hard to miss... try a google search for "Fuel Tap"...

were is this fuel tap? if i have one?

just find your fuel line from the tank going to the carby, and its gotta be somewhere on that line, usually they screw into the tank underneath,

Latest posts

Back