Race Cams

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twisties

Reaction score
hello my friends,

i was looking on ebay and came across this 'race cam' for a 125 ducar.

NEW GPX 7MM RACE CAM HD VALVE SPRINGS KIT, DUCAR LIFAN - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 06-Jun-09 20:00:00 AEST)

i just wanted to know 2 things:
1. can anyone confirm that it does actualy fit a 125 ducar (i dont really trust these bulk ebayers)

2. what will the effects be?

from what i understand, race cams will provide greater torque at higher RPM, but does that mean i will LOSE torque at LOWER rpms?

i've read that it will make the engine run worse at low RPM, does that just mean it will be less responsive or anything else?

i hope to hear from your great big knowledge heads soon :)

well mine was electric start, ive disconnected it all now but the electric start motor is still in place.

pretty sure that wouldnt matter though ... would it?

Nar it shouldnt , just be describing the engine type ..

duno if it would decrese your low end torque

i put a highrise race cam designed for big valves in my stock klx head and it gave it worse bottom end and not much better up top... but thats different was clearly the rong type cam for the head.

this one should be good for your engine .

im sure a few people on here have tried one .

yep, they work, and give a hell of a lot more grunt... get the springs as well, you need them.

theyll fit a ducar 125, (mine do, though i havent ran one with them in) and so will the other ones that are available with the huge bearing behind the sprocket(honda style?)... the heads have been machined to take either style.

cause its a big valve head on the ducars(if its got an engine number with 54 it is, and if the head has a triangle on the fins above the spark plug) when you reasmble it, put a layer of playdoh or plasticine on the piston crown, and assemble it loosely...then turn it over by HAND a few times, pull it back apart... if it only marks the playdoh, all is good, but if it cuts through and touches the piston, youll have to grind some relief into the piston. and keep checking it til it doesnt cut through... otherwise youll bend your valves. and go easy with how much material you grind away.

other thing is, you need to pull of the end bearing, and take off the litlle doodad between the bearing and the cam lobe... it interferes with the exhaust valve...makes for one major headache if you leave it on...

yeah they work nicely, but get a set of hard valve springs !!!!

They will give more grunt ,but only with more revs...you have to rejet your carb too to get out the max!

And to get the most out of them it's best to increase the static compression ratio ... that gets some of the bottom end power back and increases the power everywhere ...

and to increase static compression ratio you????

Metal head gasket?

get a high compression piston(akunar, should be a 54 mm in the ducar? dont know the wrist pin, but i think its 14mm), or get the head/cylinder shaved slightly. the pistons the better way to go cause the shaving will change the timing marginally... not by much, but with high lift cams it can make all the difference between running great and killing itself...

You'd have to take a lot off to see any compression increase at all and it would cost near as much as a piston kit anyway ... With Akunar pistons you have to watch the pin height ... in a lot of cases you can't get the pin height right ... especially with Lifan 140's and 150's ... the piston ends up sitting 2 mm down the bore ...

Hmm I love gurus! Saves hitting and missing!

Latest posts

Back