Racing Classes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwapperMX

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just looking at getting into the minibike scene as already racing motocross. Just wanting to know what are the main classes that are raced at race meets, as this will obviously determine what bike i buy. I am probably going to buy a KLX 110 that has plenty of trick stuff on it, just needs a few more trick bits to finish it off, but also seen, and heard of guys taking CRF 150R small wheels, and putting on the smaller 14" fronts and 12" rears, to make them legal to race. I reckon this would be a sick mini bike. Are they legal to race? Have many guys done this yet. Some info on what is legal to race and what isnt would be greatly appreciated, as very keen to get a bike. I did try and find this info on this site but came up with nothing.

Look forward to a couple of answers.

Hold it wide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to MiniRiders mate!

Good to hear your keen on getting into some Mini Racing :D

The KLX110 would be a good way to go...but some Mods will need to be done to keep up with either the 12"AUTO or 12"AM/PRO Classes...PitsterPro's are another option as well if you want to have a Midsize Bike to race!

Check out this Link of the DirtMax Cup Regulations:

http://www.miniriders.com.au/attach...2009-2009-dirt-max-regulations-october-09.pdf

That will give you Plenty of Info on what CAN and CANNOT Be Done on the Certain Bikes in the Different Classes!

You have probably also heard of the HRI Series just finished up in QLD and you can find all the Details of that by following this Link:

MySpace - HRI - 31 - Male - AU - myspace.com/hollidayracingindustries

Hope that helps mate ;)

Should see you out a Track one day!!!

Latest posts

Back