Radiator type Oil Coolers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its got like an L shaped bracket that you bolt onto your exsisting frame bracket i might buy one they look good.

You'd want to keep it pretty clean or it would fill up with mud & not have any advantage over the standard ones I reckon.

Lucky I wash my bike after everyride. Just got to be carfull and not directly spray the cooler with a pressure washer or it will wreck the radiator fins.

They look good - better than paying the ridiculous prices that most sellers want for the radiator type coolers (Kitaco and Takegawa) which are far superior to the alloy billet ones .

It looks like you'll have to make an adaptor bracket out of angle iron and flat bar ~ unless Ken can also supply the bracket .

The cooler bracket on the chromo frames are pretty weak and will eventually crack off if they're not modified ~ the lighter cooler with rubber mounts to absorb shock might make them last longer - but it'd be best to strengthen the frame bracket as a pre - caution .:)

Take yur pic of oil coolers to suit yur budget: :( :mad: :eek:

eBay Motors: Brand new Trailbikes oil cooler. CRF50 XR50 Z50 XR70 CT (item 110139199625 end time Jun-21-07 16:58:49 PDT)

eBay Motors: NEW KITACO XR50 CRF50 XR CRF 50 OIL COOLER XR70 70 (item 130123179937 end time Jun-15-07 17:50:55 PDT)

eBay Motors: NEW TAKEGAWA BILLET OIL COOLER XR50 CRF50 XR CRF 50 70 (item 4639576420 end time Jul-04-07 11:18:46 PDT)

eBay Motors: Takegawa Billet Oil Cooler - XR/ CRF50 Super Head Only (item 4635481687 end time Jun-21-07 11:05:22 PDT)

eBay Motors: Takegawa Billet Oil Cooler - XR/ CRF50 Stock and R-Stg (item 4635480962 end time Jun-21-07 11:03:21 PDT)

OMG thats expensive! ... and its in US dollars! Thats half a Lifan 140 engine.

Go to a motorcycle wrecker and ask for an old gpz oil cooler which are the same as those coolers. It'll cost you under $25. The ebay one motoluver posted looks like a recycled gpz one.

Last edited:
You'd want to keep it pretty clean or it would fill up with mud & not have any advantage over the standard ones I reckon.

They'd STILL cool better even with one side blocked - but a mesh screen or angled louvre plastic guard just like what water cooled MX bikes use should be used in front of them anyway .

OMG thats expensive! ... and its in US dollars! Thats half a Lifan 140 engine.

Go to a motorcycle wrecker and ask for an old gpz oil cooler which are the same as those coolers. It'll cost you under $25. The ebay one motoluver posted looks like a recycled gpz one.

Good info - but you'd get rorted buying the hoses and fittings to fit one and wreckers over here in NSW would most likely want MORE than $25 for a GPZ cooler .

You used to be able to buy used 22 mm Keihins for $20 each from wreckers over here but as soon as the pit bike craze took off - that jumped to $80 each . :( :mad: :confused:

Latest posts

Back