Random Crappiness Thread.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordogs

Reaction score
We all have those days where **** just goes wrong, unforeseen problems that seem to pop up right at the wrong moment.

Well now you can use this thread to vent your frustration of your bad day/situation.

Here was my random crappiness moment from yesterday, nothing that some regular bike maintenance wouldn't of fixed. :damnmate:

Yeah got rolled with 2 punctures on the rear of the 190 this weekend.. Replaced within the half hour ,back on track within 10 minutes bang . it seems some nob has been clay shooting on my mates property and the clay targets have pierced the Michelin ms3.. not happy 2 tubes F*****

12919568_10205066919746675_905970204_o.JPG

friday night "unbendable folding lever"
which ive ridden with twice. cant find a replacement lever only the whole perch with it.

practice day on the sunday. bended it back a little and ended up been ok

Yeah got rolled with 2 punctures on the rear of the 190 this weekend.. Replaced within the half hour ,back on track within 10 minutes bang . it seems some nob has been clay shooting on my mates property and the clay targets have pierced the Michelin ms3.. not happy 2 tubes F*****

That fricken sucks dude! Any ideas on who it was? I'd be making the pricks rake the whole track!

which ive ridden with twice. cant find a replacement lever only the whole perch with it.

Lol I had an "elcheapo" set of unbreakables on the $100 china, when I crashed at sea view they were true to their name! But they did fold up like fecking pretzels.... :lol:

Just a tip that has saved me many times in the mx world, with your clutch and front brake perches, leave them ever so slightly loose, that way when you have a crash, instead of bending the levers the whole perch will move up.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Oh Corey man I feel your pain.

Had exactly the same thing happen to me mate. China's are pretty renowned for it happening.

Just drill it completely out and put nuts on the other side and a ****e load of locktite. :thumbup:

Corey see those spring washer's behind the bolt's, they aren't high tensile so they lose their spring quickly
Serrated head bolt's are one of the strongest for locking and staying locked

s-l225.jpg

Otherwise Master's sell a pack of 10 316 stainless washer's for $4.50
Champion 316 Stainless Steel Spring Washer 8mm 1pk - Masters Home Improvement

You could alway's rethread those hole's with Helicoil's too, that'll make the thread's last a lot longer than the die cast alloy

I just ended up using some longer bolt's with H/T spring washer's and 316 Castle nut's on the back, and a bit of high strength high temp Loctite 278 on the tread's.
And yeah, you need to heat the nut to break the lock/bond to get them off

I used high strength loctite and mine hasnt come undone since

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

^^^^ That's knackered.

New wheel time. They are actually pretty cheap from DHZ.

I know cause I had the exact thing happen to me when I tried fixing mine!! haha

Lol I had an "elcheapo" set of unbreakables on the $100 china, when I crashed at sea view they were true to their name! But they did fold up like fecking pretzels.... :lol:

ive gone though atleast 4 standard sets of kxf levers. i buy a set and literally the next day i drop it and they bend or snap. thats why i desided to just get a new lever. that worked out great.. lol
also bent the stand when it fell over :shoot:
ive made sure its not like super tight and its got the sleave underneath so its should move upwards or downwards and so the lever doesnt hang over the edge of the bars. but anyway
RHK replacement lever's $24.95-
RHK Quantum Flex Clutch Lever Replacement Blade - Full Bore Motorcycles

They look very similar to ASV lever's, do they interchange ?

thats it thanks craig, i couldnt find them anywhere for some reason.
im not sure they look similar but ive never had asv levers before.

Latest posts

Back