RE: 146cc takegawa dohc build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lifans are sweet donks nuthin wrong with a lifan ,however my can be a bit off a pig sometimes as per usual with most engines.

yea there was alot of time and alot of money that went into this build but most of the extra expensive was due to trying to develope to work i bought numerous pistons, rods etc to find what would work. but when your hooked up with guys like rk finch and others its a lil easier. they all helped me a ton it got to the point i'm sure rk when his phone rang and seen my number was probly like fuck this kid is calling me again i'm tired of hearing from him. but all in the end if i knew what worked out i would have spent i think 150 for the new skirtless 57mm take piston, 40 dollars for the cylinder. cause all the machine work i done myself so it didnt cost me anything. i used my stock takegawa 54mm crank offset the pin 1.5mm to get it to be a 57mm stroke end up using the stoke rod put new bearings on the crank and rod bearing trued it all up and had a guy tig weld it which that didn't cost me anything either cause he owed me a favor.

as far as the whole contrversy between single and dual cams and china and japanese motor i sit netural on. its all in the hands of the builder. in stock form my 124dohc pulled a 18.3hp at rear wheel with 8.6ft/lbs of torque with crowlers cams 18.6 hp and 8.8ft/lbs of torque my completely stock +r i think pulled a 14 something. but with that i got alot of static cause they weren't dynoed on a dyno jet but either way it was the same dyno and calbrated the same way so whatever anyone else says in stock from the take 4 valve pull more ponies than the take +r roller head but the take 2 valve did get the 4 valve by a lil more torque. but on the same note guys like rk are taking chinese 2 valve heads and doing crazy shit with them and making 20 + ponies and 10 11 ft/lbs torque and if you ask him and his boys 2 valves the way to go. me personally i think both are about the same hp if you did both the same exact cc's and same head work 4 valve likes to rev and make power higher were as the 2 valve is more a torquer and makes the power smoother and wider than the 4 valve. so i guess its whatever you like and once you get into these exotic builds the cash you spend is pretty close the 4 valve is diffently the more expensive of the 2. but if you do things to your 2 valve motor like rk has done you get up there in money also with the big ti valves which i think he pays close to 200 for a blank which is prolly discounted cause of his connections and thats just a blank the ave joe would have to pay a machine shop to cut etc to get it to work. then you add berlium seats the high dollar porting and all that your up there a couple grand.

if everything goes right ill try to get a vid going down the street i won't be able to get on it hard cause of my wrist but ill try to just ease it threw the first couple of gears then once in third i'll try to pin to show the accelration of it and i have a dyno appt next thurs or fri but if won't be on a dyno jet i am more doing it for my personal interest to see how much i gained from the stock form but if everyone would like i can post it if i am not going to hear a bunch of people bitch saying its a fake if the numbers are higher than they were before

I personally won't try to put anymore hoses into a china motor than it comes stock with. They just don't have the gearbox to handle it. Gears made from cheese don't like anymore than about 8 hp.

all i can say is asome. wish it was myne that is one bike and lots of detail on the build.
cheers
jack
p.s have fun

thats an awesome bike. excellent detail into quality in this. good on ya. plus it would kick ass of any mini probs on here. well mine it would

dohc valves

hello,

i'm a new person thats join the forum now,i live in belgium and over here are the monkey bikes very populair,i have just one question for you.i search the old type dohc valves in 21 and out 18 diameter.nobody who whant to sell this to me?

visit are website from us,

i hope that somebody can help me

thankxxxx

building my own twin cam engine

Hi, great looking project you've got going there. I've been building my own twincam engine, but I'm building mine from scratch.
I've been building mini engines for about 10 years now, and I'm getting tired of all my friends buying a $300 dollar engine that can keep up with projects that I've built that cost thousands of dollars.
This time I've started with a mojo 110cc three valve bottom end, its been bored to 56mm and I'm using a kawasaki gpz400 piston (122cc). The pin diameter is bigger so I've made bushes to reduce the bore to 13mm. Needs a spacer under the barrel to. I cut the back of the cylinder head off, knocked out all the valves and guides, and welded the whole thing solid. The combustion chamber, ports and guide holes have all been re-machined and I'm running zxr250 valves, springs, cams... etc. The cam box is being machined from billet alloy and bolts to the top of the head.
Its a hell of a lot of work but its coming along nicely. Should be very interesting to see how much power it makes. I'm aiming for a rev-happy motor, the 110 crank is only 49.5mm stroke. I'll start my own thread and upload some pics.
Happy building! :)

sounds like an awsome project mate, keep us updated and make sure you pop up any dyno reports if you get that motor tested out sounds like some preety unique stuff going inside them cases

Where can you get minibike engines dynoed? Do they run em on rollers like a road bike, or do you rip the engine out and run it on a bench? I'm sure it would be hard to get an accurate reading when you're only dealing with 10 or 12hp.

Latest posts

Back