Realiability

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mileszodiac

Reaction score
What is the reliability of a Dhz Dpro 140, i have enough to get the 140 with some pro tapers but have little else to spare. What is the maintenenace like on them compared to jap bikes? does everything break on them within a few rides? Do the have a decent engine but ****ty frame, suspension, etc as i have been told by people that have owned Atomiks and said they were the worst thing they ever bought.

I race 85's and 125's which are both 2 strokes and although there is a fair bit of maintenance it is a lot easier to do rings and piston's than it is to check valves, etc (I have no experience with 4 strokes except for an xr80 which i sold to fund a bike) and i have heard china bikes are extremely unreliable.

Im mainly going to be messing on a farm with mates and i want a bike that after a decent initial setup can out stand about 1-2 weeks of riding with oil changes and filters (My jap bikes survive it) without the valves blowing or the forks snapping

ride the bike to wat its built for and do your normal servicing and all should be sweet..

but if your going to be giving it track treatment you may want a set of gpx forks..

and for enduro/forestry style riding the usually things like flat tyres, loose chains, bolts coming loose and busted shocks may come into it.. oh and expect a shorter engine life for enduro/forestry riding, there not built to handle high speeds for long periods of time..

ride the bike to wat its built for and do your normal servicing and all should be sweet..

but if your going to be giving it track treatment you may want a set of gpx forks..

and for enduro/forestry style riding the usually things like flat tyres, loose chains, bolts coming loose and busted shocks may come into it.. oh and expect a shorter engine life for enduro/forestry riding, there not built to handle high speeds for long periods of time..

Alright it sounds good, but will it be as realiable as my other jap bikes? ill be riding around homemade tracks and mostly exploring which is relatively going to be slowish speed.

The main reason im worried is that me and my dad bought a 1985 FL350 around January for really cheap, it worked for a few days but eventually had problems (which we expected) but later on the rear axle snapped out, the front shocks broke on us, and the fuel pump carked it. We're only just buying parts for it and it was a MASSIVE bummer to go out on a camping trip and have the thing break on us in the first 3 days. Im just wondering if it will be the same with the Dpro 140, is the Dpro 160 any better quality? or is it just the extra CC's Thanks

the 140 will be fine mate... its just a matter of looking after it and it will hopefully look after you...

and im pretty sure the dpro 160 is a crf50 style and the dpro 140 is crf70 so the 140 will be a lot more ride-able

the 140 will be fine mate... its just a matter of looking after it and it will hopefully look after you...

and im pretty sure the dpro 160 is a crf50 style and the dpro 140 is crf70 so the 140 will be a lot more ride-able

meant to say outlaw 160, but yeah im just worried that ill go riding, and the carb will give up or some other major part of the bike, or even something small that stops the bike from moving, what are some good mods to help with reliability other than some bars?

outlaw 160 is the top of the range dhz bike, so obviously it will be the best of the bunch...

also going by your reply's it sounds like someones been in your ear regarding chinese bike quality.. theres cheap over priced rubbish and then there's good/decent quality bikes.
biggest problem i see all the time is people wanting to pay bugger all for a bike but expect it to be indestructible and never break. these types of people are the ones that put all this doubt in the chinese market... if only they bought the right bike in the first place they'd have a different out look..

basically same rules applies, get wat ya pay for. meaning if you buy top of the range then your going to have next to no problems.. and any problems you do have is either going to be owner error or just one of those things..

now having said that, some problems just happen. you could be on a jap bike or a china or wat ever, there is nothing in this world 100% problem free..

buy either of the crf70 style bikes and put em to the test, there not expensive really.. people push more thru the pokies every month..

What would be better the Outlaw 160 or a Pitster X4R. Is it possible to get X2r's anymore?

What would be better the Outlaw 160 or a Pitster X4R. Is it possible to get X2r's anymore?

proberly very similar bikes.. pitster is the better known brand but the dhz outlaw 160 seems like a great bike even better for the price.. so there proberly not much different. look at the spec list and go for the one you think would be better.
don't think x2r is for aus unless you get 2nd hand or ship over from usa some how.

Latest posts

Back