really loud bang

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
ok so i took the head of my bike to dhz and the cylinder to get checked over and do the valves anyway came home put everything back on and now (it did this before when the the vavles aduster came loose) leaking oil from under the head still and i have changed the gaskets (its not even coming from the gasket)

also sounds a bit weird like a different tone in the exhaust and when i push the throttle just a tinny bit it makes this massive bang but still keeps runng like one of those cap guns being shot but louder

this is where it is leaking from but i am realling concerened about that bang thing should i just take it back to dhz but its like 2 hours away

Untitled.png

Well by looking at where you have pointed out the leak sounds like you got a hole in your head?
because i cant think of any possible way it can be leaking from there other then it running down the side of the valve cover and it LOOKS like it's leaking from there or your head of the engine is just totally stuffed

Not the hole in your head the one in your engine
id ring dhz and say i have a leak (where ever you showed us in the picture)
and tell them do you have an idea whats wrong with it
as for the bang it's probably backfiring like all pit bikes do every now n then or is this all the time at the same rpm?

Hope you find the problem...

You did line up the point of stroke between the head and cylinder/piston/flywheel didnt you

TDC= Top Dead Centre. :)

I once didnt know what TDC mean't i guess thats the beauty of MRs, you learn soo much.

sounds like an valve is open when it shouldnt be
rip of the head and have a look and another go
Also the oil means you havent put the oil seal between the head and cyclinder in correctly or its perrsihed

there is a seal between the cylinder and the bottem end but not the head and the cylinder, but its not coming from the point where they meat.

plus i have taken the head off before and I never found a seal and it didnt leak. Ill ring dhz and ask because i cant remember if there was even an indent for one.

oh soz i must have skipped that umm only when you kick it, coming from the carby. But only a little while its running. But im taking it to dhz on the weekend unless i can fix it of course

and when i rang him he said there is no seal between the head and the cylinder head only between the cylinder head and the bottom end and thats how it is now

well the leaking oil could be from a damaged surface on either the head or the barrel.. they only run a .5mm head gasket and this leaves on room for dents or deep scratches or even crap caught between the gasket..

now if its leaking oil then my guess the noise could be from the leaking head gasket... usually they will make like a squeaking/whistling/popping noise when you crack the revs a bit...

tho its very hard to understand your description, i think a video or sound recording would be better...

edit

i forgot to ask.. are you always using new gaskets when pulling it apart and re assembling it.

oh and another cause to leak oil is putting the copper washer on the wrong barrel stud

so do i need a new head case

and when i came back from dhz they gave me a new gaskets

and the copper one goes on the bottom left right but its not coming from there its coming from directly under and its not running down from anywhere but ill think ill just take it too em no point pestering u guys haha ill put up a video anyway and ill let u know what he says unless u guys can tell me something

so do i need a new head case

and when i came back from dhz they gave me a new gaskets

and the copper one goes on the bottom left right but its not coming from there its coming from directly under and its not running down from anywhere but ill think ill just take it too em no point pestering u guys haha ill put up a video anyway and ill let u know what he says unless u guys can tell me something

lol, how would we know what you need with no pics or vid.
originally you showed us a pic where the oil was coming from and now you say directly under... you dont make it easy for us mate..

i think its safer if you do take it to them..

Latest posts

Back