Rear trials Tyres

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikchick

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is gonna sound crazy, but has anyone used a rear trials tyre on their pitty? I've googled and having trouble finding any I australia......

Reason I'm looking is, a friend of mine is running a girls only ride day in Brisbane on the 24th august, can take any type of bike, but need a rear trials tyre for the ride day...... I'm keen to go and support the event, but can't as I don't have a full size I can get a tyre onto, and can't seem to find a trials tyre in oz in a 12"

Any info would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could use one of the really cheap nasty tyres that come on tdrs and stuff as they dont have large Knobbies on them

Yeah, i belive they used to come on the motox 70cc atomiks?

Yeah, they are usually on the cheaper bikes-
!B5Lp)Qw!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKi!E)+V3cib0BMsmu9bbew~~_12.JPG

Hey cordogs that's a great idea, I'll do that..... Prob is trying to get one small enough.

It's for dirt track speedway..... They use trials tyres apparently.... No nobbys allowed...

I wonder what size those are Blender..... 10inch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

they look like 12's in the pic of the TDR
i have the same style tyres on my Jianshe PY80, but 14/12, Suzuki DS80 used the same style tyres too
not quite mx knobbys, but not quite trials either.

can you ask someone else that rides there where they get theirs from ?

They all ride full size bikes as far as I can tell.... The guy they put me onto only had 2nd hand tyres in 18" and 19" to suit ktm or Honda.....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

LOL.

Trials tyres are meant to give as much as knobby's.

I have seen guys using them in muddy clay with no probs at all. Always been too skeptical to give them a go myself.

Yeah I have mates that have just swapped over to trials for everyday riding as they grip so much better.....

I've never used em so hopefully small wheels or trials experience will be able to sort some out for me :) thanks for the help guys!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I have an uncle whose secret weapon in enduro races is a custom made front rim for his ktm 350 that fits a rear trials tire he says it really helps

Latest posts

Back