rear wheel locked up?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneezy

Reaction score
Hey guys

I noticed my rear wheel is reallt stiff. I try and move it by hand and irs very hard to move. I disconnect ed the chain and its and wheel moves finem so its something to do with the front sproket. And no its nit in gear.

Anyone had this issue??

Cheers

Kris

have you checked your wheel alignment? sometimes if its way out, it makes it alot harder to turn the wheel. make sure your 2 chain adjustment bolts are the same length out. also, have you tried spinning the front sprocket on the shaft? is it hard to move? if so give it a spray with inox/wd40 and see if theres any difference. if it does nothing, it could be a much harder fix.

Yeah, i might check chain adjusters tonight, thats the only thing i didnt look at so fingers crossed it culd be that

yea mate hope so. if your front sprocket wont move when in nuetral i would imagine it would be quite a time consuming fix

Front sproket movea eaay as. All itvwas. Was a bwnd chain roller.. how embarrassing lol

what, your spelling ?

i still can't work out what the problem was........

Yea its hard to type with my phone ya twat lol

But yeah it was the chain roller near the front sproket, somehow it had bent, and chain was getting jammed

ahh ok,
i thought maybe you had a cracked screen or something, but that makes sense now,
cheers

sweet mate, glad it all worked out. a chain roller can be had from ebay for about 10 bucks posted, if u wanna buy one. i just use a skateboard wheel. but u may have to buy one as your bracket that the roller goes on to might be bent. if u dont wanna make one, it would probable be easy to fabricate one out of 3 mil thick sheet steel. and that probably wont ever bend again :)

Latest posts

Back