Red 125 wkn

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the carby dismantled and reassemble and how the float sits aswell as the where the slide sits hope its right and hope this helps you guys to help me :) once i post this i am gonna throw it back in and try everything you's have suggested wish me luck lol 20140404_194804.jpg20140404_195108.jpg20140404_195630.jpg20140404_195641.jpg20140404_200048.jpg

Hey guys i have done everything that you guys have suggested and there is still no fuel getting to plug im trying so hard im not gonna give up till this thing runs keep firing everything that you guys can think of and ill keep trying till we get it running thanks again .

it looks like your float level is way to high ?
this is where mine sits,

also smaller pics might be easier to see the detail better

Ok no worries are you talking about the 4th photo ? Im holding it as if it was up right with the bowl on it and it carnt really go any other way can it other wise the bowl wont go on it will it ? And i have just gorn out for about 45 or so then ill be home and ill pull the carby off again and take a closer photo for you, exactly the same way you have yours .
Cheers, Kurt

your third pic shows the float sitting almost inside the carby base

with the float level set high, the emulsion tubes/needle jet are not able to let air into the petrol as easy as normal.
the holes are already wet from being below the level of the fuel

your third pic shows the float sitting almost inside the carby base

Thats because im holding it up side down just to show where it sits when in different positions .
I didnt end up working on the red one today i worked on my other one with the different heads just to have a break off this one lol i might have another go with the red one tomorrow arvo though its so frustrating i will take some close ups of the carb tomorrow if i work on it i spoke to a guy at a dhz shop today about the fuel problem and he suggested that fuel pump might be stuffed i didnt think they had a fuel pump correct me if im rong but if it does where is it lol ? thanks again guys

nah, no fuel pump on them

the float was sitting up into the carby body too much in pic 3
so that means the float height is about 8-10mm too high.

mine was completely upside down so the float was at it's height limit

Ok no worries how would i go about adjusting the float to the right position ? The bike was given to me Gooseman not working other wise it was going to the tip so i snatched it up lol and one question where is the TDC notch on the case on this thing heres some photos 20140408_183455.jpg 20140408_183504.jpg
i just wanna check the valves and timing .
Cheers, Kurt

All good the little arm on the float was bent so i just bent it back into place and sits alot better well i think it does here's photo's of before and after .
Before 20140404_195630.jpg
After 20140408_185431.jpg
Cheers, Kurt

TDC for the Electric Start Flywheel is when the T line is central in the sight hole (top chrome cap in the Stator cover)

the float height looks pretty good now too.
those centre tabs can easliy be bent when you take the fuel bowl off, or if someone has sat the carby down on float on a bench etc (without the fuel bowl on)

Ok no worries so i can leave the caseing on this one to check the TDC is central so i can check my valves and timing cool thank you ill do that tomorrow :) maby that might be a factor as well in the not starting problem fingers crossed lol .
Thanks again my67xr

Good news guys :banana: Got her running finally after draining the oil redoing the timing and re-adjusting the valves cleaning and retuning the carb thanks my67xr and be-hold first kick she started and i pretty much just put pressure on the kick starter and it started so happy got plenty of compression and everything so happy.
Now just got to get a new throttle, smaller air filter, bolts for the mag cover, cover and bolts for the sprocket, front brake leaver, maybe a new tube, fuel filter and maby a few other things. Thanks for all your help my67xr if it wasnt for your help i wouldnt of got this far with it i really appreciate your help i need to buy you a beer one day :) now just got to try and get this other one going witch we will. Thanks again.
Cheers, Kurt

yeah, all good mate
it sounds like it'll be easy fixes to finish it off.

+ reps

Latest posts

Back