Red hot

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudzinski

Reaction score
this morning i started my bike in the shed and it was a little dark i noticed that after about a minute of it idling the exhaust close to the engine was running red hot.. just wanted to know if this is normal or should be fixed thanks

means your bike is running lean and needs to be fixed ASAP. what kind of carby does it have and what motor?

they are known to glow the pipe red if idling for awhile...mainly due to slightly lean pilot jetting i have found...however give it a couple of squirts on the throttle it should go away. and remember these engines are air cooled.

but vm24mm is a tad too small for my likings....

we've had v8's on the dyno glow the pipes red, and the fuel ratio was pretty close to spot on...
but yeah it does scare the sht out of you when ya notice it

they are known to glow the pipe red if idling for awhile...mainly due to slightly lean pilot jetting i have found...however give it a couple of squirts on the throttle it should go away. and remember these engines are air cooled.

but vm24mm is a tad too small for my likings....

we've had v8's on the dyno glow the pipes red, and the fuel ratio was pretty close to spot on...
but yeah it does scare the sht out of you when ya notice it

oh yeah i sht myself...........

lol.
also if your riding it and it tends to shoot flames out the exhaust then definitely raise the jets in the carb.

Latest posts

Back