reed to ride honda for 2010

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard about it. Apparently he is just doing it to make Susuki actually pay him what he is worth. Freighten them into it sort of thing.

The only way it will happen is if Susuki won't pay him what he is worth.

Would be bloody nice to see him on Red though. Fingers crossed.

i dont reckon suzuki have any $$$ left after seeing the 2010 bikes, looks like they have spent alot to make some of the best bikes around. i'm pretty sure he will go Honda & he will proberly be even faster

I thought he would already be making a lot!!
Anybody know roughly how much suzuki is paying him?? Obviously he would be making most of his earnings off winning races and his other sponsors, but I thought Suzuki would be giving him a fair bit of $$$

I thought he would already be making a lot!!
Anybody know roughly how much suzuki is paying him?? Obviously he would be making most of his earnings off winning races and his other sponsors, but I thought Suzuki would be giving him a fair bit of $$$

They are giving him a butt load of coin. But in true Chad fashion, he wants more!! :p

He know's he is worth it so why not I guess.

Problem is with the economic downturn, all race teams are cutting back spending. He may have to give a little or not get a ride at all.

it could be the case

i'd imagine chad is a bit pissed with the suzuki heads

the reason is he is contracted to race supercross with suzuki but when he wanted to race the motorcross series they said they couldn't find the money in there budget so chad put money where his mouth is and said get me a bike and team take the money you would pay me and put it in an insurance contract.

so essentially chad bet at the start of the season that he would win the 2009 ama motocross the payout from that insurance contract is near 7 million dollars and he won the series at buds last weekend
i chad had of lost the series he would have got noting!!!!!

now if i was chad i'd be pissed at suzuki for not having faith in him and backing him at the start of the season

so if the price and the bike is right he will go to honda but i'm not sure as i have a feeling he has already signed with suzuki for the supercross series not sure

reedy's always needed a motivator though... something to spur him on, rather than just racing to win... perhaps someone at suzuki knows that... particularly if Decosta is still running the show... seems like a good motivator to me... lets face it, who doesnt like belting one up the boss at every opportunity...
good to see the old boy still has it in him though... :)

ah ha! perfect thread to paste a link into that "narrow minds" one!!!!!!

why is it that ppl that earn megabucks always want more? i like the suggestion of motovertman's.... if he plays the "prodigal son" too hard, hes going to be looking for a job as a labourer for zilch :D and thats what the spoilt brat deserves.....:rolleyes:

meh, hes a world class rider, hes worked dam hard to get there and he does lots of great things for the sport here in aus, so i say why shouldn't he be paid shit loads of cash good on him

meh, hes a world class rider, hes worked dam hard to get there and he does lots of great things for the sport here in aus, so i say why shouldn't he be paid shit loads of cash good on him

Yeah for sure he deserves it and earned it. Whether he gets it or not will be a different story. Most teams could probably hire 2 'pretty good' riders for this contract and with the way the world is at the moment, may do something along those lines.

If he doesn't have a AMA Supercross contract, he won't be out for SuperX either. :eek:

He just has to realise that it's not all about the Chad. Teams have other riders as well and nowdays don't have the massive budgets they used to. If he ain't willing to give or adapt, it's his own fault for not getting a ride.

He ain't signed with anyone yet Coolie. It's all in the air. If he went to Honda, they would want him to ride a Honda in SuperX for sure.

Yeah im with you mate...
Hes definatley not a spoilt brat...he had to earn it...theres a DIFFERENCE
Go the Aussies :D
just my 2c.
Dan

Yeah im with you mate...
Hes definatley not a spoilt brat...he had to earn it...theres a DIFFERENCE
Go the Aussies :D
just my 2c.
Dan

And what makes you say that? He earned it yeah no questions, no need to have your head jammed that far up your ass cause of it though.

Watch last round AMA MX (I think it was budds creek). The interview they did with him before the event was shocking. He came across like a complete up himself wanker. That changed my opinion of him forever.

Plenty of other Aussie riders do it a lot harder than poor old Chad.

yeah i am keen for that interview too. i have heard alot about reed and my opinion is that he has worked bloody hard and is commited to the sport.. obviously. champion in my opinion.

havent seen that interview, got a link?

It was in the actual coverage of the race. Might be on Racerx or Youtube.

Here is a link to the torrent and you can download the whole race:

2009 AMA 450 Motocross Rd 10 Budds Creek : TV Shows > Sports related - Mininova

Both myself and my house mate are huge Reed fans don't get me wrong. He has single handedly brought Supercross back to Aus shores and represented his country brilliantly. Seeing that interview really shocked me. It wasn't even that bad but he just came across so arrogantly.

Just seemed like it was all getting to his head a bit and these negotiations with Susuki and him wanted a lot more money kinda of justifies that.

I mean the man ain't short of coin. If the difference between you racing or not is X amount then wouldn't you just bite the bullet (after trying for what you want) and work out a happy medium? Chad ain't budging which is half thr problem. If race teams weren't cutting back spending because of the economic downturn, he would probably get it. But they need to make cuts somewhere.

bit didn't he put up x amount of his own coin to race the ama outdoors, id be pissed to...ill check that download out after work......work comp wont let me into that site

bit didn't he put up x amount of his own coin to race the ama outdoors, id be pissed to...ill check that download out after work......work comp wont let me into that site

Yeah he did. But his deal was the same as Bubba's. Supercross only. He changed his mind during the year and that's the only way it was going to happen. He could have gone to another team then but chose to put his own coin up.

i read on tt today that DeCosta may follow reed, as suzuki is broke and honda is putting the coin out there

Latest posts

Back