Reinforced frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cass38a

Reaction score
I lot of threads mention reinforcing the frame on your pit bike. What exactly are you guys doing to reinforce the frame? Do you have any photos that you could post to show what you did?

interested in the same thing.

can anyone help out?

Buy a decent frame you'll have no probs, otherwise goto an engineer and tell him to brace it.

THIS TOPIC IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!! those that suggest it be done.. its you guys that we are counting on here...

I'm pretty sure if you strip it, take it to a welder they will make the welds thicker and make the frame stronger. Yeh and even weld more braces and metal too it mabye... I doesn't look much different but cass38a i don't think your frame will bend. GL guys it looks simular to the one now yeah and as mcj the main man said buy a better frame...much better

I can weld, and have a very good workshop at home and at work. But there is always guys on here telling people to reinforce their frame and I was hoping for some pics for me and all the other guys who want to know. I am going to build a cradle mount for mine soon and I will post pics when I do it.

dude, paying 2k for a bike i don't think you will have to re-enforce the frame unless you are going big.

Frame Bracing

Hey mate, checkout Big 50's web-site. Few different ways to do it, but I have been told this is the strongest (but probaly not the most appealing from a cosmetic point of view.

http://www.big50.com.au/items.php?section=services

Another frame bracing technique can be found on Fab's web-site. Basic bracing to a stock 50.

http://www.fab.net.au/tips.htm

Both sites have some photos but do not go into too much detail. Alternatively you could purchase an aftermarket frame.

Both methods would be sufficient unless you are hitting it really really big. A lot of people are buying bikes with braced frames standard now (e.g. :) PitPro) so I guess many people talk about having a braced frame but do not actually have to do it themselves.

If you need any further let me know and I will see what I can do.

One more thing

With the 2007 SDG clone frame you have on your MSO I do not think you will have to worry about bracing.

About the only thing that could go wrong with that setup is smashing out your top engine mount because the foot pegs are mounted to the engine and no cradle support.

Again this shouldn't be touch much to worry about if you are not going really really big and remember check your top engine mount bolt tension.

Sorry to steal you thread (I seem to have a bad habit of doing this)

I have finally just finished my 140 outlaw conversion in the last week or so (will be adding some pics to the galleries soon).

She goes great now, but I have lost a lot of clearance between my 14" front wheel and the bash plate. Even though I have bent it right up against the head, it still hits even over small jumps and bumps (probably from all the sag in the springs), which is still ok for our little flat track in the back yard.

So I have decided to bite the bullet and get some decent shocks and a longer frame. After getting lining up a good deal on a set of fastace AS03 front forks and lengthened "chromoly" double piped frame. I have noticed a new type of cradle mount frame that he is selling on some of his new bikes and I am keen to see what people think about these???

He claims that it is as strong as a double piped frame and the seat seems to sit a lot higher than the double piped (which might be a good thing as I am 6 foot 4" and around the 90 kg mark and get a bit cramped up on a normal frame (not that I have riden a lengthened one though))

It is only going to cost me a little bit more that the older style frame but I have to wait 8 weeks for them to arrive.

I was wondering if anybody had any opinions on the quality of these frames (as it is by far the cheapest cradle mount that I have seen so far) and also the geometry and how it would affect the handling, having the seat that high up?

Also do you think there are any major pro's or con's with these new style frames...or should I just get the double piped unit?

IMG_1474.jpg

DHZprooutlaw140.jpg

DHZprooutlaw140-1.jpg

Cheers Matt.

It looks Incomplete.. to much space in the frame kinda thing....

Yes, I see your point

But I guess there is plenty of room to fill it up with a little blower or something.

The new Pitpro 125rr has a twin pipe cradle mount frame that looks better than that. I dont know if you can buy them from Pitpro but it is worth a look.

Ok,Thanks for the tip

Stupidly I have already deposited the money for the lengthened twin pipe frame (as this was a bit of an after though) and apparently, the items are already on the way, as I did not email him quickly enough. But he will let me return the item if I do change my mind.

So If do end up needing this set up, I might have to end up buying a cradle mount to adapt to the double pipe frame or try to make something instead.

cass38a are you still planning on making one of these for your frames?

Latest posts

Back