releasing pressure in front suspension forks...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbikejim

Reaction score
i have tried to release pressure in the forks by unscrewing the gold screw in the red nut, i did the left one and it one fine air came out.. i tried the right one and it wasnt coming out just spinning so this means the screws broken and half of it is stuck inside... i could drill it out but where would it go? also could this be the reason why my seal is leaking because of too much pressure in there or?
should i leave it in there or is it a problem?
thanks

sorry forgot picture

could this be the reason for my seal leaking

Attachments

• IMG_1540.JPG
    IMG_1540.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
Yeah just leave it, as for the seal leaking and the picture are you talking about surface rust or pressure? The seal has more than likely got a build up of crap preventing it to work. Clean your lower forks of any dirt and or surface rust than find a old thin plastic card or cut up a coke bottle and put it between the seal and fork working your way around cleaning out anything that might be in there if that doesn't fix it than your gonna have to replace them mate.

yeah, pressure build up is the most common cause of seal failure.
compressing the forks too much when tieing it down onto a trailer etc
or lots of jumping pumps the shocks up.

you might be able to undo the screw by using a flat bladed screw driver under the head of the screw,
and pry the head up, as you try to undo the screw from the top.
then you will have to look into fitting a helicoil/recoil insert there to repair the thread.
or possibly fit some bleeders off another type of bike?

the forks will need to be pulled off the bike, and flushed etc, to refill them with oil.

Latest posts

Back