replaced 125cc air filter with 50cc air filter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vic1616

Reaction score
hi, i just took off my 50cc air filter which is mint, and looks exactly the same as my 125cc air filter because my current 125cc air filter was incredibly dirty, should i just use that same one but clean it? and how could i clean it just wipe it down it water and stuff? or just use the 50cc one because its mint.. also when i replaced it, i noticed i couldnt push the choke lever up. it was only able to be down. what could be the problem

what filter is it? there are a couple of styles, unifilter i clean in petrol most of the time and then i put some air filter oil over it (coat it) then let it dry a bit and its good to ride

it shud be rite as long as its not one of those horrible K&N style paper ones.....every time i see one i want to punch the person useing/selling it!!!

it shud be rite as long as its not one of those horrible K&N style paper ones.....every time i see one i want to punch the person useing/selling it!!!
It makes me want to rip my face off..

i dont care then i can rebuild there bike for them because there rings last about 6 hours :p

does it look like i installed it correctly? i did it pretty tight with the flathead. but dont know why the choke lever wont go up. i feel like if i were to force it, something would break. but heres the af i put in photo (27).JPG

You dont clean those filters, there throw away after one use..
i dont think there is much you could have done to cause the choke to not actuate.. no need to do the filter up tight just enough so it does not fall off the only thing you will get with a tight air filter is a cut air filter boot

you might want to put the stator cover back on too.
getting water and mud onto the electrics will cause the components to rust and fail prematurely

yah i put it back on , my mom hosed down the bike because it was extremelly dirty with mud and the strator cover was off atm plus it made the chain all rusty (getting a new one) .

and 1 more thing. the 2 screws on my stator cover came out as i was moving my bike from the trailer, and lost them. where could i find these screws to get it back on securly (ill have pic of my cover in about an hour)

and 1 more thing. the 2 screws on my stator cover came out as i was moving my bike from the trailer, and lost them. where could i find these screws to get it back on securly (ill have pic of my cover in about an hour)
id keep on lookin mate, maybe there is someone on here with a thread gauge and ready to measure them up?

heres a picphoto (28).JPG i just need the 2 screws, where could i get them without having to buy a whole new cover

Any bolt bar will have them. They are 6mm but dunno how long you need them. How did they fall off? you know you have to tighten bolts when you put them on right? righty tighty, lefty loosey

the bolts that hold the cover on are M6 x 1mm pitch (standard 6mm thread), and are 40mm long

Bunnings sell Socket Head bolts (Allen Key) in a pack of 3 or 4 that will do the job.
they cost about $3-4 for the pack.

from memory, they need a 5mm Allen Key to do them up

I live in canada so would any home depot work? Or even rona? And what should i write down exactly cause i wrote on google what you said "6mm 40mm lomg bolt" and it didnt look like the bolts at all lol they were huge. What size do i wrte down when bringing to store? Thanks

yes, thank you! just what i needed, thanks alot :)

Latest posts

Back