Replacement bearings for yx160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tormentandglory

Reaction score
Ok, so I take all my bearings from my yx160 to the bearing shop, and he tells me that some of them are oddball sizes and I'm gonna have a hard time finding replacements. After much googling, I have found these will do the job!

yx160 main bearings, 22x56x15mm. Same as suzuki rm250y output shaft bearing. Most likely other years use the same bearing to.

yx160 gearbox bearing, 17x42x12. Used in xr250 and cr250 elsinore gearbox. Available on ebay.com

I gave up on the needle roller. I think its a poor design, the shaft is noticeably worn in my engine where the rollers run. I'm machining the cases out to suit a 6002 ball bearing. The 6002 is quite a lot smaller than the ball bearing usually fitted in the case cracker yx engines.

The 6203 can be bought anywhere.

There is one more bearing in the case. The smallest one, on the input shaft. I couldn't get it out easily, it feels ok so I'm leaving it there.

The bearings that dude from planet minis quotes are all different sizes to mine... :confused: As for the main bearings not being suitable, its unfortunate, but I can't find anything else to use. If I could be certain I was buying C3 bearings elsewhere I'd do it.

pm roost666, he works for a bearing company in tassie.. he may be able to help if he hasnt gone on holidays already

I found these bearings, all 22x56x15mm high speed C3 main bearings. Hopefully I can find someone who can get a couple of them for me. Failing that, its suzuki gearbox bearings.

KOYO DG04C23CS12-1
NSK B22-29
NTN TM-SC04C23CS12PX1
SKF BB1-0120B

Some really good information here.
I'll write down these main bearing sizes and try a engineering company here, they have never failed me yet.
Was talking yesterday to a salesman at one of our bike shops here, I was looking at an 08 CRF 50 for my boy . Got talkin about an old rigid frame 50 he recons is laying in a shed somewhere, with indicators, headlight. Think I will chase it a bit more.
ride on

I've given up trying to find the original size main bearings for the yx, they don't exist. Instead I'm gonna use 6322's on the crank. The holes in the cases will have to be machined 1mm deeper, and the timing gear will need to have 1mm taken off the back. Hopefully it'll work out ok.

I took the size, and notes you made, into the bearing supply here,,,,probably find out early next week. Let ya know how I go

Cooly worx for a bearing company and has done his yx150 ... he'll sort ya

Latest posts

Back