Replacing 4 stroke oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey,
Could anyone give me a step by step instruction on replacing my 125cc loncin bikes oil?

pull the sump plug out and let it drain, replace plug and fill....

about 900ml

wat he said but run the bike so the oil gets warmed up before taking out the sump plug, turn off the bike as well, lol

its is the same oil when its cold but when its warmed up the oil thins out and becomes runnier therfore more of the oil will come out when its hotter, thats what the number on oils means 10w-30w 20w-40w etc a low number is thicker and a higher number is thinner, the first number is how thick the oil is when its cold and the second is how thick it is when its hot, basically.

look up oil viscoity if ya want a better explanation, lol

Last edited:
i never run my bike to heat up the oil before draining it.I can see how it would heat and thin out in principal however while its doing this it is also throwing all the gunk and loose alloy that you want removed from your engine back through it.I like to drain the oil while its still cold as everything has settled at the lowest point of the motor and in all honesty it doesnt take any longer to drain

i would prob leav it cold too so all the gunk ahs settled and the make sure the bike sits level when draining it other wise the gunk will get stuck on the lower side (which is the way its eaning) and iff u tip it up strai ath the end it will not hav enough liqui to move it.:D

I've changed the oil when hot and cold and IMO it's way better hot takes like only a couple of sec's, do it after you have ridden it so then all the crap wouldn't get spread through the motor again for nothing.

Latest posts

Back