Replacing Rear Shock

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettLo

Reaction score
Hey!

Ok, so my rear shock is dead.. so i have decided to replace it and my bike is a Pitpro 140.

So far, i have undone the top eyelet nut & bolt, but im having trouble getting the bottom bolt out, this tiny little problem has been doing my head in for about an hour :cursing: and it just wont seem to budge! I can't seem to remember if it 'screws' out or if i can just tap it out at one end with a hammer ?...So far either of those have worked :angry-smiley-013:. Just wondering if someone has had a similiar problem with replacing their shock or whatever and may be able to throw me a few suggestions ?

The sooner i can get this annoying bolt out, the happier i will become haha.

I will be going out now to give it a good hit with some WD40 then ill try again after work tomorrow.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

im guessing you have your bike raised off the ground!! if the rear wheel is off the ground try chocking under neither it up just to take the gap and weight then tap the bolt out.

dont burr the end of the bolt tho or it will soon turn into an even bigger problem.

replace the bolts with a high tensile bolt while you have the chance..

im guessing you have your bike raised off the ground!! if the rear wheel is off the ground try chocking under neither it up just to take the gap and weight then tap the bolt out.

dont burr the end of the bolt tho or it will soon turn into an even bigger problem.

replace the bolts with a high tensile bolt while you have the chance..

Hey Sean

thanks for your reply mate... the rear wheel is on the ground, as the bike is slightly lifted sitting on a milk crate. But im thinking it might not be lifted enough :lol_hitting:. Ill raise it some more tomorrow and try....and let u know how i go, im sure raising it will probably solve the issue, i think i was just rushing to try get it done after work before it got dark on me out the back.

I will replace both the bolts with some high tensile ones.. ill post back ASAP and let you know how i go :)

Latest posts

Back