Retired from minitard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabertooth_buterfly

Reaction score
I have been very quiet of late, not just on this forum but on others that I frequent. However there has been some action going on, I have officially retired from active mini motard racing, I will still be attending the track days to help out/socialize and take some photos (talk crap). I have just come to a point where the body is not as capable as the mind would like it to be therefore I have chosen to retire whist I am still reasonably quick (don’t want to become a mobile chicane).
However this change as is usual in life has opened up other opportunities, one of which is to see just how much punishment an ex minitard bike can take once converted back to dirt. I am looking forward to seeing just how far I can push the home build grenade at a motox track and in the forest, there should be some photos to come of our next adventures with the minis.
But the big news is……..
I have also been very busy organizing a long distance ride that I am planning for later in the year that involves me getting a new Chinese bike, the logistics for this ride are huge. I will release more details here when I can, including what brand/model the bike is (not currently available here yet).
This ride is going to be epic something like approximately 3000klms solo covering 4 states unsupported. It might be a few months before to much seems to happen but I will be lurking around and working furiously behind the scenes to put all this together (as well as attending uni for another semester).

Tina

Shame to hear Tina, thanks for all the help you have given me regarding motard setup :) Good luck on the ride

Jake

thats a real shame, i was looking forward to one day meeting/racing with you...lol

best of luck with your new projects.

Wayne.

I will still be around I'm coming to the next minitard day (the 8th), so I will still be around (you cant get rid of me that easy lol).
yea pete it is posible that after my big ride later this year I might make a comeback after all the bike is not being sold it's just going to do some dirt duty for a while, I am looking forward to seeing how my bike rides with dirt setup should be interesting to say the least.
Below is a post I put up on another forum to explane the reason for the big ride.

The organizing sure is being a challenge, mostly because I have not seen the bike in real life yet only pictures. I will have 1 day with the bike to prep it and set it up then I will be off for the adventure. For me the goal of this ride is to dispel some of the prejudice against Chinese bikes, we have had to many importers who have just brought in the cheapest bikes they could get and sell them at as high a profit as possible. The result has been to many Chinese bikes that were rubbish, the other problem has been some owners take the attitude that it’s just a cheep bike so they don’t do proper maintenance. No bike can survive for any length of time without proper maintenance. My bike will get it’s run in services done roadside, as I am sure will the puncture repairs etc as I intend to ride as much dirt road as possible for the 3000 klms. The importer I am working with for this ride is most certainly not in this category, he wants the best bike he can get. Hopefully my “little ride in the country” will change the prejudices of some people. But most of all I am going to have a great time.

I will start a seperate thread for the ride and keep it updated as I progress should be great fun.

Tina

cmon spill some pics of this new bike......good luck with the ride sound epic :scooter:

well done tina. who is the company you will be riding for or arnt they in aus yet

yeaa sounds goood, iv wanted to do something like this for a while, like the A4DE on a pitty or something but that'll be at LEAST 4 more years... spill about this bike!

I am not able to reveal to much about the bike as yet as the importer is still in the process of getting the bike ADR approved, but I can say it is 250cc it’s a serious enduro bike with a 6 speed gearbox liquid cooled and 4 valves and twin overhead cams, so it has the potential to be a contender for the serious off road riders who want a light bike.
I will post some pics as soon as I get the green light to (this could be 6 weeks or so).
The importer has been in importing china bikes/quads for quite awhile. After the ride I am going to develop this bike a little further and I’ll be dynoing it before and after to find out just how close we can get a china to competing with something like a wr. With what I know so far I feel this bike has the potential to go very close. I see a 30mm oko in the future for my bike lol.

Funny you should say that because the project that I dropped to do this one was a mini adventure bike based on a RX frame, I was going to something really dumb like ride to Cameron’s corner or something. I'm sure that the 250 will feel like a mini after 3000 odd klms or maybe my but will have just give up feeling at all by then. remember my daily ride is a 100hp 675 so the 250 is gona be small.
The idea is to prove to some of the nay sayers that there are decent china bikes and that with the right maintenance they can be just as reliable as other bikes. When the time comes I will start a thread here and check in with updates whenever I can get wireless reception. I will also be carrying a spot tracker so you will be able to see on line if I was slack and decided to just stay in the tent today, my excuse will be it’s raining and I needed to do some washing lol.

No real news to report yet atomik boy, we are still waiting for the gumbyment people to come and do the final inspection of the bike.
I will start a new thread about the bike as soon as I am able to.

I feel a big review coming on, after your trip. :)

Photos?

Latest posts

Back