REVIEWED - Racing CDI (Blue Type)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamah

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got the new Race CDI tonight, I Decided to give it abit of a testing.
I found its definitely got more top and bottom end, Don’t know about mid range, but its got more Bottom end then anything. Also has a totally different sounds (Bit more 2 stroky).
Will give you a bit more of a review when ive raced with it fitted, but at this stage it cost me 30 bucks, and it’s a bloody good little mod..

Cheers Blair....;)

Nice I was thinking that there wouldn't be much difference from a stock one. What type of engine is in your motovert? 125? 141? And is their any re jetting required???

Hi mate, From the way it sounded, if anything it wasnt bogging as much with the Standard CDI, i will through up some more info when I have raced with it..
Oh yea mate i got the 125 Jailing motor..

sounds sweet, i just brought one it will be here soon so any more info on it post it up please

i was thinking of getting one but arnt the stock ones there for a reason like would your engine blow up and does it only increase ur rev limit does it give better accelaration??

Last edited:
I doubt your engine would blow up daniel, If they were selling them not only on ebay but at shops and heaps of peopel are buying them.. I don't see the point of buying them for your engine to explode

are they worth while running on a stock bike, or will you only gain if your bike is already modded?

my mate put a racing cdion his 110cc piece of shit...the engine is almost gone and it made a massive difference...so i think for a stock engine it will make a fair difference

Hey Mountain, not sure what they are trying to say on that link. What is the upshot? I have one on order & would like to know if it is a worthwhile investment

Did you read the whole thread ???

I guess the main impression at least for me is that this money is spend better on other things;)

ive seen some that are 12,000rpm lilmited...

whats standard?

coz you would have to be careful with it revving out!

I can't imagine a stock engine, be it a 50 or a 140 could rev out to 12,000rpm. My 125 seems to go to about 7-8. That's just on feel though, I haven't actually measured it.

Either way, in stock form, my Lifan 125 won't reach a rev limiter of any kind. It's limited by the engines max speed. It just won't breath any more and it certainly won't hit an electronic rev limited. Maybe a modified engine with valves, cams and ports all matched would make a difference. I'm really only interested in ignition advance which is where the midrange is at.

And for those who don't know, horse power looks good on dyno sheets, but torque actually wins races.

My Blue CDI arrived today but I'm not 100% sure about the wiring
Can someone please help me out ?
wiring.jpg

your not supposed to run one of the blue ones with an irk use the irk's cdi i think you might find it wont work at all.

i got 1 of these blue cdi boxes of ebay a couple of weeks ago! i have an atomik 125 and it made shit loads of diffrence, better sound more top end and heaps of accelaration i paid 30 for mine. i rate it for the price! couldent figure out the wiring so took it to the bike shop an they threw it on in halfa. cost me $25 for labour.

mate they ripped you off it would have taken them all of about 10min to fit it up but im glad to hear that your happy with it.

Latest posts

Back