Revmx 155z

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oic20v

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as some of u know I am new to mini bikes and after waited around for 2 weeks, Russ stock has finally arrived and I picked mine up yestheday :).
Last count on how many hours I spend on prep yestheday, all I know was I used a lot of thread lock, hahaha. It was a great experience and learnt alot on the bike, (hope i didn't do anything wrong):)
I found the revmx quality to be really good and I only came across a few problems.
1) left front fork, one of the screw on the bottom holding the front wheel axle was threaded, but easy fix with a retap and a longer screw.
2) rear brake caliper's, the piece of thin metal that holding the brake pads in was bent out of shape, just needed a little bending back into shape.
And last but not lease which I think is the worst. middle plastic touching the exhaust, which I found out to late and melted it, but its still a easy fix with a rubber spacer.
Oh and one thing I couldn't fix was the exhaust touching the engine housing.
Ok I found something I couldn't work out when I was heat cycling the engine today,
Bike starts of find when cold idle nicely, but once warmed up it wanted to die and the exhaust note changes to sound like too rich? Or valve bounce?
I did check the vavle clearance b4 I start the bike, I found I couldn't fit the .003 feeler gauge in so I readjusted it to intake .003 and exhaust .004. From what I had read in here that was what it meant to be. Pls correct if I am wrong.
Another thing I wasn't to sure about was the carby, there are 2 pink hoses that came with it, one comes out for overflow and the other comes out after the throttle barrel or gate(don't know what's it call). Should this line be plugged in some where or just to open air?
Last thing I wanted to ask is do I have to fill up the 2 coolers or will the crack pressure do it by it self? Cos I had only had time to start the bike for about 10 mins, engine was hot but cooler was cold?

Anyway thanks guys I am sure I will enjoy the bike, now is just trying to find a place to ride it and run it in.

Ps any mods u can recommend to make the bike not so loud?

Bike starts of find when cold idle nicely, but once warmed up it wanted to die and the exhaust note changes to sound like too rich? Or valve bounce?

Sounds like your choke is on dude..

Should be a little lever or tab sort of thing you can move up and down. Put that in the down position when they bike starts to do that.

where abouts do u live i got the same problem about where to ride it, I live in seaforth which is like 10 mins from Manly Beach

Hi everyone, as some of u know I am new to mini bikes and after waited around for 2 weeks, Russ stock has finally arrived and I picked mine up yestheday :).
Last count on how many hours I spend on prep yestheday, all I know was I used a lot of thread lock, hahaha. It was a great experience and learnt alot on the bike, (hope i didn't do anything wrong):)
I found the revmx quality to be really good and I only came across a few problems.
1) left front fork, one of the screw on the bottom holding the front wheel axle was threaded, but easy fix with a retap and a longer screw.
2) rear brake caliper's, the piece of thin metal that holding the brake pads in was bent out of shape, just needed a little bending back into shape.
And last but not lease which I think is the worst. middle plastic touching the exhaust, which I found out to late and melted it, but its still a easy fix with a rubber spacer.
Oh and one thing I couldn't fix was the exhaust touching the engine housing.
Ok I found something I couldn't work out when I was heat cycling the engine today,
I did check the vavle clearance b4 I start the bike, I found I couldn't fit the .003 feeler gauge in so I readjusted it to intake .003 and exhaust .004. From what I had read in here that was what it meant to be. Pls correct if I am wrong.
Another thing I wasn't to sure about was the carby, there are 2 pink hoses that came with it, one comes out for overflow and the other comes out after the throttle barrel or gate(don't know what's it call). Should this line be plugged in some where or just to open air?
Last thing I wanted to ask is do I have to fill up the 2 coolers or will the crack pressure do it by it self? Cos I had only had time to start the bike for about 10 mins, engine was hot but cooler was cold?

Anyway thanks guys I am sure I will enjoy the bike, now is just trying to find a place to ride it and run it in.

Ps any mods u can recommend to make the bike not so loud?

sounds like the carb needs tuning like the last batch of bikes..
no biggies just pull the bowl off the carb and tell us what jets are installed, also pull the slide out and tell us what is stamped on the needle and where the clip is positioned.

post some pics of the bike mate, and mainly the problem area's..

Sounds like your choke is on dude..

Should be a little lever or tab sort of thing you can move up and down. Put that in the down position when they bike starts to do that.

Hi tyd
Nah mate the coke was off at the push down position.
Cheers any way

where abouts do u live i got the same problem about where to ride it, I live in seaforth which is like 10 mins from Manly Beach

Hi dunny29er
I live near chatswood so not too far from u.
Any suggestion?

Make your way up to Newcastle for the NSW ride day, PM me if you missed the email.

Hi minifighter, I will be going oversea tomorrow, and wouldn't be back until 6-11-10.
Ps yeah thanks I did get your mail.

Hi dunny29er
I live near chatswood so not too far from u.
Any suggestion?

yer mate the nearest legal track is im not 100% is red hill but u have to be rego'd again im not sure but something I am100% is Appin or pacific park both of these places are around and hour or more away

Hi guys, hear are a few pics of my revmx, just a few quick snaps.
RevMx1-10-10-8.jpg

this is the first mod of the bike hahahaaha
RevMx1-10-10-2.jpg

exhaust melted plastic :(
RevMx1-10-10-3.jpg

exhaust touching engine
RevMx1-10-10-7.jpg

Does this pink line have to go somewhere?
RevMx1-10-10-6.jpg

Is this length of the crank vent ok?
RevMxcrankvent-1.jpg

enjoy and thanks for the help and suggestion, i will check the jet size and confirm with the needle setting.

sounds like the carb needs tuning like the last batch of bikes..
no biggies just pull the bowl off the carb and tell us what jets are installed, also pull the slide out and tell us what is stamped on the needle and where the clip is positioned.

post some pics of the bike mate, and mainly the problem area's..

Hi Sean

pic can tell the story :)
RevMxcrankvent-1-2.jpg

and on the needle it says JJH.
Just incase u cant see it in the pic, k40 and Y105 for the jets, and needle clip in the middle position.
hope this is what u asked for, and thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Just incase u cant see it in the pic, k40 and Y105 for the jets, and needle clip in the middle position.
hope this is what u asked for, and thanks for your help.

i think they may be a little big mate, i could be wrong and Sean is the man to ask, but i would think to big. should be 38/39 and 100?

am i right sean? lol

regarding the exhaust, id loosen all the mounting bolts and the nuts on the head and see if you can move it a little, then re tighten. I dont think its meant to sit that tight on the engine or plastics.

Other than that mate, Killer bike and cant wait to see it at a ride day :D

Wayne

i think they may be a little big mate, i could be wrong and Sean is the man to ask, but i would think to big. should be 38/39 and 100?

am i right sean? lol

regarding the exhaust, id loosen all the mounting bolts and the nuts on the head and see if you can move it a little, then re tighten. I dont think its meant to sit that tight on the engine or plastics.

Other than that mate, Killer bike and cant wait to see it at a ride day :D

Wayne

Wayne believe mei dont want to leave the bike and go on this business trip, i will have to miss it everyday for a month. and i hope when i get back i will have time to come and join u guys for a day and lot of fun. hope u guys can teach me a few trick to rideing this beast.

ps i thought i dont sleep, but i guess i am not the only one.:action-smiley-035:

and thanks for the advise mate.

Joe

oh i nearly forgot do i have to fill the oil cooler with oil or will the crank pressure do it?
if it does need filling, any suggestion on how to do it? easiest way to do it pls.

oh i nearly forgot do i have to fill the oil cooler with oil or will the crank pressure do it?
if it does need filling, any suggestion on how to do it? easiest way to do it pls.

i would change the oil mate, the oil they come with is cheap and nasty. from memory they take about 900mls, so just by a 1L and keep checking it. the coolers will fill them selves mate.

Wayne i have already dropped the oil for some castrol 4t (not the gold bottle)
just worry i had to fill the oil cooler thats all. cos it felt cool even when the engine was hot when i was doing heat cycles.

thought of another noob question, when u check the oil level with the dip stick, do u screw it in all the way and take it back out to check or do just stick it in the hole and pull it back out?

Latest posts

Back