revmx

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revmx_89

Reaction score
ok guys and girls iv got my revmx ttr 155z yesterday now i can say it is an awesome bike for what you pay for it . I have changed the jetting loctite on close to every nut and bolt and greased all bearings and axles. Now its time to ride i have about an hour and a half of fun on the bike with a few little problems 1 my 2 year old son wants to ride it 2 can not keep the bike clean 3 the front tyre has a puncher so that stopped me riding it and lucky last and the one i need help with is when you hit the throttle it has a nasty little flat spot and starts to serge for a second or two and then its fine now the jetting is pilot is k40 main is k102.5 and the needle cilp second from the top air fuel mixture screw is 1 turn out can someone please help

p.s sorry about the spelling

Last edited:
As i said have a read through thumps write up on the oko carbs and get yourself a 95-96 main jet, throw the stock pilot back in and narrow it down from there.

have read that thread and has thumps review said about the jetting i just followed that

yes im in agreeance with woggy

thump seems to be the only one to get a 40 pilot working sweet

if theres no success on the pilot change raise the needle 1 clip at a time..(lower the clip)
off idle dead spots is almost always the needle height but without the pilot being correct you can end up chasing your tail...

you say you have 1 turn on the mix screw, is that just where you set it or is that where best idle is at?

and there should be about 1.5 - 2 turns on the mix screw with a perfect pilot

the main should be fine.. 96 is too small but usually 100 or 102 hits the spot..

i have tuned 3 okos...doing 4th for my mate and i have ran a 36 pilot in all 4 ranging from 140cc to 160cc and the 2 of the okos were on 160cc and thye both ran same jets 102 main 36 pilot with e clip one notch up from middle BUT i have heard of other people needing to put it in other positions

it idles best at 1

ok what the bike dose is from about 1/4 throttle to about 1/2 throttle in all gears thats where the flat spot is and thanks for the help

changed the pilot to 36 now from idle hit the throttle and it dies i have the needle clip 1 up from the
middle dose the clip no to higher or lower

changed the pilot to 36 now from idle hit the throttle and it dies i have the needle clip 1 up from the
middle dose the clip no to higher or lower

have a play with it and see what works best

is there a special way to get the clip off coz the way doing it is really hard on finger

is there a special way to get the clip off coz the way doing it is really hard on finger

i use a flat screw driver and push it off.... make sure you have your and over it so you dont loose it

make sure your only changing 1 thing at a time..
IE: don't change the pilot and needle setting at once...

but it sounds like the pilot change made the bike a lot worse.

if the mix was best at 1 turn with the 40 pilot then you need a 42 or 45 pilot to get it at 1.5 - 2 turns..
when playing with the pilot make sure you return the needle clip to middle position till you get it correct then play with the needle clip...

also im guessing these pilots jets that come with the bike are a lot different in size to the pilots we all know...it makes it very frustrating.
if you live close to DHZ or don't mind the postage time, order a couple of pilot jets from him.. starting from 36 and up..

also if you havent done your valve clearances then now is the time.. and i hope you've dropped the factory oil already..

oil was gone before the bike was put together ok what i have done is pilot is 36 the needle clip is at the top and it not dying from idle now but thats in neutral

have not done vales yet im to scared ill f*&$ something

Latest posts

Back