revolving shifter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike75925

Reaction score
hi, i have a cHonda crf50 that the shifter just keeps rolling over. i'm wondering if this is normal for this bike or is there a part broken/missing. i've owned several bikes, this is the first i've ever rode that did this. all of my gears are down, with neutral at the top. if i shift higher or lower than neutral or 4th, there are no shift stops. hitting neutral with high revs annoys me, as does going from 4th to first. any help is appreciated.

Shift drum is machined all the way around. Makes it easier to run through the gears and back to neutral, especially if an all-down pattern or with a heel-toe shifter. less confusing when delivering hot noodles, and you don't mess your toenail polish in sandals by having to up-tug with toes. Drum swap, or pulling a pin and giving up 4th gear is about all you can do. Probably could fab a stop device, but low-end Chinese motors some times have that drum.

Latest posts

Back