Revving out

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellrazor

Reaction score
Stupid question.

But my Rev MX with 26oko carb is revving out really early, in all gears.....
I'm running a 36 pilot and a 102 main ( which seem fairly standard )
The other thing that is happening is around 1/4 - 1/2 turn throttle, it's not bogging, but it is missing quite a bit.
Can anyone tell me why it's revving out early? and also - what i need to do to fix the revs missing.....

BTW - i have read and searched already - i just want to get some help for my specific problem.

Cheers, Cal

Do you think that your clutch maybe slipping at higher revs, obviously this hasnt happened before? as for the revs breaking down at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle maybe the carb needs cleaning or maybe old fuel, has anything been changed since your last ride as in, sprockets, carby, throttle. just trying to get some ideas on your prob.

Well - its simply just short in all gear - i don't feel like im getting as higher and longer revs in each gear as i once did ( i did change the carb a while back but last time i rode it it seemed fine - i'm guessing it's revving out early because of the jetting and needle position im using. It just seems like it revs out early - and i dont hit any where the speeds i used to....

The bogging thing could be some fuel....especially in the fuel bowl. Also - i just put on a new muffler and where i have attached it to the exhaust, i havnt sealed as yet - so it could be something to do with that.

I opened up the carb and it was soaking with fuel as well as the inside of the air filter looked very moist/ wet from the fuel....I think the bike is running very rich - so what can i do to back it off? Run a smaller pilot? Adjust needle position?

Rotn - i dont think its the clutch . the clutch feels smooth right throughout each gear so it shouldnt be that.

Yeah fuel in the airfilter isnt good, def running rich mate, sounds, like a float bowl setting maybe with the fuel in the airfilter, give it a good clean first blow it out with compressed air, after cleaning it put everything together but dont put the screws in the fuel bowl and attch it to the fuel line, when full unattach hose and remove the bowl and check your float level, dont know true bowl level height but i make mine about 8mm from top of bowl, hope this helps

Why did you change the exhaust and carbie if it was running fine before? Do you have them parts to put back on to eliminate them

Changed carb out cause the other ones over flow was leaking even after i re built - re gaskets etc i tried everything.....
The old carbie no matter what i do - revs REALLLYYY hard and high even when i idle - and still overflows fuel ALL the time.

I changed the muffler cause my muffler cap disappeared when i rode last...

Old carbie must of been a Molkt. They love to leak.
If it was running rich it should not rev out really quick. Usually that happens when its lean.
Are you getting the same top end when in 4th??

Dhz
One thing I need notice is between 2 and 3 gears the bikes
Noise doesn't actually change when shifting up - usually u rev really high, chane gear , revs drop and you start the throttle again - but I'm getting the same noise/ revs
Does this makes sense?
Nah 4th seems pretty good

Other carb was oko but are u saying it was mikuni

A molkt is another type of 26mm carb, did you change the oko with an oko or a mikuni or something, if your not running an oko anymore id percivere with the oko as there much better a carb. Was the fuel overflowing out the airfilter or the overflow hoses?

It does not make much sense what your saying. It's a little confusing.
Do you think the clutch maybe slipping??

change you front sprocket to one that has more teeth maybe??? will give you more speed top end? did you change anything else? cause i changed my exhaust to a stainless steel header and an unrestricted can with a 26 mm oko flatslide carbi and i never had reving out issues....

I thought it may have been the clutch but i looked inside there and all the clutch basket and there is no issues from what my uneducated guess can tell...

I changed an Oko with an Oko carb - all i've ever had on my bikes are okos

Basically in short - each gear used to feel 'longer' now it all feels quite short. like brap(gear change) brap(gear change) brap(gear change) brap(gear change)
Rather than braaaaapppp ( change gear ) brrrraaapppppppppp (change gear ) bbbbbbbbbbbbbraaaaaaaaaaaapppppppp and so on.......

haha i might have to film it!!!

yeh film it. that will be good. I am leaning towards slipping clutch going by what your saying

could you have possibly over tightened your clutch assembly and cable? just suggesting some times its just a case of Achems razor....

Latest posts

Back