Riding spots around Melbourne

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big red

Reaction score
I am going to be down in Melbourne for a while over Christmas (24/12 - 4/1) and I will have my bike with me.
My bike has both dirt and road tires with it and I am really keen to find somewhere to ride.

I have been hearing about a track in south morang for Motard riding, does anyone know any more about that?

Thanks

What u need to know mate. I live literally 3 min from it... in fact I can hear the damn things from my house (the larger capacity motards)....

It costs about $30 for the day. If there is just mini bikes @ the track then u can race around it non stop for ever... if there is big bikes, go karts and minibikes then they take turns. Around 15 min for each class...... if there is a bux party or similar then these get special treatment and they have a go (on the hire cars) until they have finished and then it resumes for everyone else.... hire karts only last out on the track for about 30 min....
The track is quite small @ around 500m but is great for mini motards. It has some elevation so is pretty fun.

minimoto_gptc_track.jpg

oh, its on Mcdonalds rd, south morang. right nxt to a shell servo.... if u come down plenty rd and turn left onto mcdonalds rd its about 500m down the rd... easy peasy

south morang is shit for dirtbikes though, i did go karts there on the motard track it was alright

is there an age limit or something stupid like that??.....
i would like to do something like that for both me and my kid he is 14 trouble being im 45......

nah mate, no age limit if u have ur own bike...... Just need appropriate gear and a bike in decent condition. Dirt track is shit and the go karts to hire are VERY slow.... if u want to take ur kid to a go kart track goto the one in sunshine off the ring rd... its along the western highway, call "ace karts".. those things fly! even for old buggers ;)

So do you know the days that it is open for pit bikes to ride and what times?

i was talkin about pitties......i have one as well as my kid.......i wouldnt mind havin a crack at it too......can you use any tyres on the motard track?

yeah agressive it does but its shit i wouldnt waste ya time if i was you unless you like rollers and no jumps apart from the back table top which is only like 10ft lol

Its open from 10 till 7. Closed tuesday and wednesday.

U can use whatever tyre on the track.... i will most likely be there this sunday

searching for 'the track' or 'mini motards', 'south morang'will give a heap of pics i took at the start of the year.. personally i think its a great place.. its safe, legal, and the owner darral is a top bloke.. has a 3 year old yes 3 that can do the go kart track (in a kidkart) in under a minute! more than likely under that now!!

off memory they hold motard racing every second saturday? or was it sunday.. call just to make sure, but well worth the trip(not far from melb. using the ring road!)

Nice picture Worm! :D will try and find the original South Morang thread and link to it..

Cant forget broadmeadows(next to pipeworks 'fun' market) for a decent track either..

searching for 'the track' or 'mini motards', 'south morang'will give a heap of pics i took at the start of the year.. personally i think its a great place.. its safe, legal, and the owner darral is a top bloke.. has a 3 year old yes 3 that can do the go kart track (in a kidkart) in under a minute! more than likely under that now!!

Cant forget broadmeadows(next to pipeworks 'fun' market) for a decent track either..

yeah, darrals funny lol, hes little kid is annoying when me and a mate were riding there and doing the back table the little kid ran infront of the downramp when my mate was jumping nearly cleaned him up lol.
yeah broadys good , the 50 track is shut down i think ? was out there on the 17th the new intermediate track is alright prety tight tho, has some average jumps on it, but the new bit on the expert is shit where they added in the bit that used to be the intermediate and made the step up a roller....

see the little kid on the ktm 50 on the 17th!!?? mad lil krunt!! huge air! would of only been 6 or 8.. where were use at!?? in the center between the tracks!? i was there having a sticky beak lol. will put the pics i took up..

yeah i no! i was the guy that threw it away over the back about 50ft tabletop, and had to go to hospital did ya see me? lol. yeah put the pics up for sure, i was on the older model CR125

Latest posts

Back