RIP oko

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theMINDLESSone

Reaction score
hi all

as all of you dont know, i got a dpro 160. bought it with the 26mm oko. that was an odd 4 months ago. since then ive ridden it prop a good 15 hours plus. since i got the bike, i tuned it and then left it as is. never missed a beat

yesterday however, my bike (im pretty sure, though, it could have been any of the 6 bikes riding at the time) backfired and started dying out as if its getting fuel on and off. brought the bike to a stop, i tried to keep the revs up, but it died. after several attempts to get it started, i got it fired up but wouldnt idle and ran real rough. after deciding to play with the air mixture screw (im assuming thats what it is. the one under the idle screw) and then i noticed it..

the oko had a crack running along from the air mixture screw around to the RHS of the carby. as i adjusted the air mixture screw i could see fuel bubbling out of the crack. so im assuming its getting tonnes of false air therefore wont ide and run well at all.

was it running rich and backfired or what the helllllll happened?

Mate Mine did exactly the same but it was only 1 hour old, Luckly I had bought a spare off ebay. I was thinking of using a product that bonds like a liquid metal.

do you have a pic of this??

and also where did you originally buy your oko from?

i got it from dhz. i dont actually have it on me. i forgot it in my mates back pack from when it happened. he had an 26mm oko roundslide spare in his back pack. swapped it just to get home. he lives an odd 80km away. will get a pic as soon a possibe. till then, ill paint on a pic to show you where VVVVV
oko26F_3.jpg

oko26_4.jpg

yeah id also like to see this, i have never seen or heard this happen ever.
only thing iv seen the is the brass over flow tube attached to the bowl crack all the way down causing it always bleed fuel out..

make sure you notify ken of this problem so he can get onto the manufacturer so they can improve what ever they need to improve..

the bike backfired because it leaned out. it should not have too much damage.

im assuming the oko cracked out of my inexperience at tuning carbs, not cause the manufacture make em crap.

hmm, what are the pe-26 carbs like?

im assuming the oko cracked out of my inexperience at tuning carbs, not cause the manufacture make em crap.

hmm, what are the pe-26 carbs like?

if it has cracked like you are saying it is a manufacturing problem

when you get a chance get some photos of YOUR actual carb and the crack

thanks

yeah your tuning isnt the reason this has happened, it will be a fault within the carby unless its had a serious knock or some how you've managed to tighten the air cleaner clamp up that tight that its distorted the carby..
but like everything in the world there is a failure rate in new items..

pe26 carbs are pretty good, they just aren't as aggressive of idle

Latest posts

Back