ripped off so bad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semza1

Reaction score
im sick of this crap, so last week i go into MOTOMAX in perth an take my buggered back shock in. the guy there is a ?professional? on bikes so me being a noob trust that he wants to help so he measures my shock and says yep i can get 1 ordered in 4 ya. so i go in today to pick up my shock and the guy says $160, give him my cash and he goes out and gets this crap looking postie bike spring gives it to me and says yep thats tha same. straight away i said hell no i dont want it wont fit way too soft and its nothing like tha other one he tells me no refunds and walks inside well i went off 160 for a useless postie bike spring SHAME ON YOU MOTOMAX so now im desperate please can anyone hook me up with a new spring please please please

screw that go back there tell them you want your money back he has to give you a refund man, that's just plan bull sh%t, Im assuming thats the whole story of course?

no refund = illegal business practise = screw the bastard for all hes worth(see an ombudsman etc if youre really worried)...if that is the whole story...

theres a thing called fair trading, and that doesnt sound fair...

maaan i feel raped myself and my bike are sad oh i ride a 125 pittie thanks

not shure wat brand might be a ddr with a 125 lifan

oh his reason for no refunds is that i asked him to order it in but 160 for sfa man it hurts.just wanna go riding i smashed the end cup back onto my old shok but looks like it will come unstuck soon as i launch and kill me allready split my chin wide open in my last krash wen tha shock first died fffffffffaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkk

shocks are like $50 for a whole new one man, i have like 5 in my shed. look on ebay you will get one cheap on there

sooo broke

man 50 bucks really man i wont have cash 4 2 weeks had2 pay off billz budgeted 160 for a useless postie bike spring and now im flat broke 4 a fortnite no riding 4 me sad face GO TO HELL AND DIE MOTOMAX its shops like that screwin ppl round that makes people hate on chinas easy to get china parts NOT HERE

Easy fix . If that is the whole story ,just go back nice and calm and say mate i want a refund ,when he says no ,just tell him you have no other choise but to refer this to fair trading ,record all conversations with him ,tell him he's being recorded ,never loose your cool ,just smile and say ,no worries i'll take this further

mind you if thats the whole story ,

cheers man im so pissed atm wats with tha whole story bit?

yeh well i am in the parts industry as well. and depending where he had to order it from as some wholesalers wont except them back..

so when we buy in a part from a supplier for this persific part we tell the customer there are no refunds... this just might be the case..... just a susgestion...

but ranga this is a rear shock, the shop owner should have no trouble selling it to someone else if it isn't dodgy (which it is so he can't sell it)

wats with tha whole story bit?

Well is this all that happened ,did he infom you there are no refunds on special orders ?

did you swear at him ,is this item new?
i find it hard to believe that a sales man would do such a thing ,not to good for business i would have thought ,but stranger things have happened

Last edited by a moderator:
pics! lets see this 'postie spring' shock.. as a postie SPRING and a rear pitty shock look nothing alike... in which case.. why would you accept it and hand over payment!?? Did you take your original shock back in so you could compare it then and there?! did you ask for a new shock, or a new spring!?

I reckon there is more to the story.. something aint adding up....No shop pwner in any industry would just refuse a compramise in the situation. whos close to the shop in question that can go in and inquire or get more opinions?!

Last edited:
he measures my shock and says yep i can get 1

that says it all, he ripped you off.
don't take it man go in there and get your money back one way or another. for $160 you shold have got a high end racing shock, not a crummy soft spring

That sucks mate but if the you ordered the shock on the back of your back and the one he has supplied you with isnt what you ordered, then you have yourself the right of refund and a case in small claims tribunal. Even mentioning this to him should make you see some action. How old are you mate, cause I think you need to stand up for yourself a bit more or perhaps take in someone a little more assertive, ie father figure...

post pics of the shock you bought, is it second hand or new????...where in perth is motomax???

Latest posts

Back